Honda Big Wheel

Capt

This used to be a Big Red. I found several conversions online and used what I thought were some of the best ideas. Original design of using a BW200 swingarm goes to Joefixit!
I still need to install 200S fenders, make the rear rack, and modify the BR headlight guard to fit these 200s forks.

Fun as all get out!!

Last edited:

JKautoFab

homemade honda fat cat. this is a definate future project for me. i already have 2 200S 3 wheelers one going back stock so the other can be converted like yours. i will be keeping an eye out for a BW swingarm or i will just have to make my own! i would like to build a pro-link setup on mine!

Capt

homemade honda fat cat. this is a definate future project for me. i already have 2 200S 3 wheelers one going back stock so the other can be converted like yours. i will be keeping an eye out for a BW swingarm or i will just have to make my own! i would like to build a pro-link setup on mine!
The 200S is a good choice because the front forks are the good hydraulic type shocks and the width takes the narrower 11" tires.
I went with the old 200E BR because I wanted the H/L range tranny for the mountains, plus I had one laying around minus the front end. I used 200S front forks extended 3" for better steering and handling.
The rear suspension is pretty stiff, a mono would be nice. Maybe a 200X trike would be a good option , you could easily modify that swingarm. I would like to get away from the jackshaft BW swingarm but the only other option is to build out the front sprocket with some kind of adapter or extension so the chain clears the tire.
I have seen Honda 200x bike mods and they run narrower tires in the rear (probably 8-9") with what looked like custom built swingarms with no jackshafts. . All good fun!

Last edited:

JKautoFab

my bad i have one 200s and 2 200Es. both E and S have hydraulic fronts, but both are shot o my 200Es. how did you raise the front? i thought it looked taller. yeah i like the high low range, the one i just recently bought had the hi low lever my other one was missing, now i have one to copy! whats the top speed in hi range? and how low is low 1st geared? runout of rpm in5 feet?

Capt

The 81-83E and 84ES models have the spring with internal dampener front forks, total junk. Remove the nut on the bottom and pull the lower part off you find the spring is packed with dirt. Many have been swapped out for the 200M and S model telescopic hydraulic shock type forks, they are much better.

I cut the clamps off a bent set of forks. A guy is selling custom machined extensions on EB but they are $$$.

That's cool as hell! I bet it's a blast to ride! Good use for a damn three wheeler too! Last one I had, rode me into the gravel one day. Literally. :laugh:

toomanytoys

That's cool as hell! I bet it's a blast to ride! Good use for a damn three wheeler too! Last one I had, rode me into the gravel one day. Literally. :laugh:
anyone who has ridden a 3 wheeler has had that experience. I think my buddies old ATC110 rode him more than he rode it.

I really want to build one of those. I just haven't done it yet. I always keep my eyes open for a 200 to do it with.