How bad is USPS shipping?

Check this out! Notice the dates, and gaps between...
The most recent move was from Richmond, VA to Dulles which is twice as far from me as Richmond (I'm in Chesapeake, VA). I'm guessing the next move will be to Baltimore, MD, or maybe back to Richmond... :rolleyes:

Screenshot 2023-09-02 204401.png
Screenshot 2023-09-02 204657.png

panchothedog

Actually, I've had worse. 4 weeks after the order shipped vendor sent me a duplicate. 7 weeks from original date, first order shows up. Returned that one to the vendor. Only snafu I've had in about 40 or more orders,but it was a doozey. It happens every so often. Guess it was your unlucky turn. Hope you receive it soon.

Augiedoggie

USPS is a mess. Stuff gets sent halfway around the country to go halfway around the city. Following their ship routing just makes your head spin. I recently had a small parts order sent to a friend in Australia sit in New York for 6 months. Took 8 months for him to get the stuff. It was shipped from PA. Good thing he wasn't in a hurry. I think half of the postal workers can't read and understand basic English.

Triley41395

Yeah I really can't understand how their routes work. Ordered something from Indianapolis, went to Cincinnati Ohio, then all the way to New York, then to Columbus Ohio, then back to Cincinnati, then finally arrived in Dayton Ohio. Basically 6 days. I should have just drove it only a 2 hour drive.

Rowedoo

My bud has to mail his rent.......It goes to the apartment next to him......If the PO doesn't see it and pick it out it goes a three hour round trip .

I buy everything online with delivery, even groceries (Amazon Fresh). I occasionally order elsewhere but most things are purchased from, or through, Amazon. I first exceeded 100 Amazon orders per year in 2017, 137 orders in 2022, 115 so far this year. In my experience, Amazon delivery, UPS and FedEx have been good. I cringe whenever I check tracking and see that an order has been shipped via USPS. I always expect USPS to take longer than other carriers and know that the letter carrier (driver) will stuff a package into the mailbox if at all possible, even if half of it is hanging out of the mailbox. Not a fan.

I didn't expect an update on a holiday but checked anyway. Looks like I may actually receive it... If it is delivered tomorrow, that will make it 21 days, I've received orders from China in much less time...
Screenshot 2023-09-04 185422.png

Gatecrasher

Once in a great while I'll get one like that but 99% of the time there are no issues.

I ship thousands of packages per year USPS and FedEx and overall don't have too many issues.

Rowedoo

I've bought five guitars in the last year and separate case's for them along with cords picks parts and straps and everything showed up on time or early.......I only had one problem and that was Fedex trying to deliver when I'm not home with a package I had to sign for .

I've bought five guitars in the last year and separate case's for them along with cords picks parts and straps and everything showed up on time or early.......I only had one problem and that was Fedex trying to deliver when I'm not home with a package I had to sign for .
I've placed 131 Amazon orders so far this year, plus a few orders from Walmart and other retailers. I had one order shipped via UPS take a little longer than it should have. I've had multiple orders shipped via USPS that took much longer than they should have. An order for the same item from the same retailer before this one took 9 days, it was supposed to take 3. I liked the item, a handlebar, so I reordered the same item from the same retailer. I wanted two initially but decided to order one to make sure I liked it before ordering the second one. The second one (tracking in this thread) took 21 days and tracking information was very inconsistent. One day, tracking would say it was running late but still on the way. The next day, it would say the package may be lost. It switched from on the way to lost, or vice versa, nearly every day, it was frustrating. I ordered from a third party seller via Amazon and was about ready to request a refund when it finally showed up. If I could specify that none of my orders be shipped via USPS, I would do so.

No BS:
Screenshot 2023-10-01 101346.png

Rowedoo

I've placed 131 Amazon orders so far this year, plus a few orders from Walmart and other retailers. I had one order shipped via UPS take a little longer than it should have. I've had multiple orders shipped via USPS that took much longer than they should have. An order for the same item from the same retailer before this one took 9 days, it was supposed to take 3. I liked the item, a handlebar, so I reordered the same item from the same retailer. I wanted two initially but decided to order one to make sure I liked it before ordering the second one. The second one (tracking in this thread) took 21 days and tracking information was very inconsistent. One day, tracking would say it was running late but still on the way. The next day, it would say the package may be lost. It switched from on the way to lost, or vice versa, nearly every day, it was frustrating. I ordered from a third party seller via Amazon and was about ready to request a refund when it finally showed up. If I could specify that none of my orders be shipped via USPS, I would do so.

No BS:
View attachment 306487
I ordered one from Texas .......Probably went by one of your orders going the wrong way .

Gatecrasher

Historically, I've have the most problems with UPS of all of them, although not too bad. I have had a FedEx account for 30 years now. Small stuff I ship USPS and the bigger stuff FedEx (usually ground or home delivery). I have been manufacturing a line of reproduction parts for pinball machines as well as some minibike parts for over 15 years now and ship them world-wide. I also have sold over 10,000 items on eBay. With that beings said, it is very rare that I have any issues with USPS or FedEx.

The last time I had one like the OP was 2 X-mas' ago when I shipped a package to the UK via USPS. It took a couple months for them to finally track the package down but it was delivered eventually.

pomfish

Historically, I've have the most problems with UPS of all of them, although not too bad. I have had a FedEx account for 30 years now. Small stuff I ship USPS and the bigger stuff FedEx (usually ground or home delivery). I have been manufacturing a line of reproduction parts for pinball machines as well as some minibike parts for over 15 years now and ship them world-wide. I also have sold over 10,000 items on eBay. With that beings said, it is very rare that I have any issues with USPS or FedEx.

The last time I had one like the OP was 2 X-mas' ago when I shipped a package to the UK via USPS. It took a couple months for them to finally track the package down but it was delivered eventually.
Thank you!
Have not shipped as many as you, but well over 2000 via USPS and they all got there, maybe not as fast as would have liked but in many cases got there well before the estimated date. No one complains about that. Hmmm.
Really, if you consider what goes into shipping a first class letter from coast to coast in continental USA it is a bargain.
Would we all like the price to be better on packages, hell yes.
But I am far more frustrated at the rip-off price of printer ink than postage. And most of the newer printers do not work well with the refilled crap on the market, they work just long enough to get past the return date and then clog up or go to crap.

Rant off, now back to the regular bitching about clones vs Tecumseh :)

Brother Ink Jet... and who needs color...I have black and white... 6 years now and only needed to replace the cartridge 1 time. And I have a teenager who prints off everything lol...

Gatecrasher

You also have to remember that all of these shipping companies use each other too. Especially the USPS and FedEx. USPS packages fly on FedEx planes. They are in cahoots so it's hard to tell who is at fault for delays.

Gatecrasher

I'm dealing with a seller on eBay now, supposedly about a USPS shipping issue. A lot of the auto parts sellers on eBay are simply "middlemen" and don't actually have any physical stock.

So when you buy something from them the first thing they do is "create a shipping label" on the shipper's website and then claim the item has been shipped, even though it really hasn't yet. They are waiting to hear back from the "warehouse". If you check the tracking # it will say that a label has been created but USPS does not yet have possession of the package meaning (it hasn't been shipped yet and the seller is feeding you a bunch of bullshit).

Basically, these sellers aren't doing anything we couldn't do ourselves and add ZERO value to the purchase. After two weeks I still don't have the package and neither does USPS yet the seller refuses to refund my money. So now I have to file a complaint with eBay to get my money back.

So this really has nothing to do with the USPS. Just another one of the numerous a-holes on eBay who should be banned.