How do you guys get old tires off while not damaging the rim?

I am taking apart an old cat wheel, i am trying to get the tire off but idk how to separate the tire without sticking something between the tire and rim and prying it which i dont really want to do. So what is your method of going about this?

just did the tires on my warrior. borrowed some tire irons from a friend. https://www.harborfreight.com/24-inch-general-purpose-tire-iron-93230.html

this made it pretty easy. it still is a lot of prying which is about the only way to get a tire off unless you want to take the time to cut one down. then you still have to cut wires inside the tire that hold the bead.

maybe you can find something better, that's just my .02
thanks,What do you use to cut the wire?

I am taking apart an old cat wheel, i am trying to get the tire off but idk how to separate the tire without sticking something between the tire and rim and prying it which i dont really want to do. So what is your method of going about this?
One of the most discussed (and opinionated) topics on this forum. Perform a serarch using the words"removing tires" and you will get some good education.
Michael

first tire (didn't have the tire irons) i cut the tire with a razor knife, then used some wire cutters to snip the insides. when i had the tire irons the job was twenty times easier. i don't know exactly what the cat wheels looks like, but i'm sure it could withstand enough force to pry on a tire. i highly suggest using the tires irons from harbor freight.

Cat wheels are two piece rims not Including the stars so leave the bolted together and I break my beads by putting my vw in neutral and gently roll my car tire over the tire to break the beads after ty hat they fall apart be careful putting them together not to pinch the tube j.m.o.

For bead breaking on a hard tire I use a large “C” clamp. If you are worried about scuffing up the rims when using tire irons – just wrap good quality electrical tape along the contact area of the iron.