How Many Michiganders

How many of you guys from Michigan would be interested in setting up some kinda race?

Im from the Metro Detroit Area, But if city-slickin isnt your thing,

We own a faimly cottage 2 1/2 hours outa detroit, big enough to set up a couple tents, and right on a trail that dumps into
the National forest trails (well over 2,000 miles)

The forest Roads would be a perfect race area, Best of all, for 16.49 its legal to run! (orv sticker+helmet)

We have a small circuit track set up, its normaly hard packed dirt, but can get sloppy after a rain

Even if you dont wanna race, we could all get out and enjoy the forest!

If someone would have an idea closer to Metro Detroit thats even better,

Im just trying to see if anyone is interested!

Last edited:
Always interested :D just need to find something that will actually ride and turn on dirt trails lol The 390 bike only likes to go straight or make wide semi-like turns haha.

Been trying to find a deal on a Ruttman Spyder to put my GX200 clone in and use it for a rider.

Close but Far....

To be exact on Highway M33 halfway between Rose City, And Mio Michigan, (if you use map questMio michigan, and youve actually passed my place up)

There is also a small store, that sells gas, beer, food, trail permits right on the corner, Maybe we could all get together for a weekend of riding

I am currently Living In Houghton Michigan, or 650 miles from Detroit until Late April, When I will be moving back to Allen Park

oldsledz

I don't plan to do any racing , but would like to get together for some riding and hang out with some fellow mini bikers. I am from Midland.

The forest Roads would be a perfect race area, Best of all, for 16.49 its legal to run! (orv sticker+helmet)

I do not know the exact location you are thinking about riding, but:

In the Lower Peninsula, it was not legal to operate ORVs on forest roads unless the forest road is part of a posted ORV trail system. And spark arrestors are required as well. Eye protection is required also.

I trail ride (Michigan fully street-legal dirt bikes with ORV stickers) in Michigan. Before I modified my dirt bike to become street legal, I was ticketed on a forest road. Fortunately for me, the DNR officer did not confiscate my bike.

The majority of the roads near my cabin are are part of the orv trail system, alot of them are the wide snowmobile trails as well,they are pretty similar to a road,

I forgot about the Spark arrestor rule, But Id imagine a muffler, and possibly a brass screen over your exhaust may classify as a spark arrestor, Ill look into it before we get everything finalized,

Ive never had an issue with the Local DNR in my issues,

Ill find and post a map in the next couple days

Houghton. Damn i love the UP. Took a bunch of my bikes up there last year for some flogging.

In fact right befor i logged on here I was just planning my UP trip for summer vaca once again.

:thumbsup: sorry for the off-topic