How To Modify Kickstands

markus

They look great!! I bent up a replacement stand for my 1967 campus a month ago out of a longer NOS stand when I was doing some others, got it all back together and tested pin fit etc to the original hinge. Gotta polish it up still but I gotta ways to go, I'm just now working on getting the campus frame and another frame scheduled to be blasted so I can start on them

customer just sent me a 1969 Rupp stand to resto.....must have 1/2" of slop in it, outta be a fun one to rebuild :cursing:

Markus, Like you my original plan was to re-bend stands with the longer legs; but once I dismantled them I found that most of them had severe wearing of the locking grooves. Rather than continue to buy used stands hoping to find enough good ones to use for my restorations, I decided to just take cold roll steel rods and machine new grooves in them and bend them to shape. I'm glad I did. You should hear the "SNAP" when I rotate them into the up or down position. I've got nine of my Campuses painted and ready for assembly. I'm currently doing some body work on bike number ten and then it will be ready to be shipped out for paint. After that I will return to work on the vacuform mold for the seat pan / cowling assembly. I'd like to see some pics of your Campus as your going along here. Ogy