how to remove the governer...

hi i have a 3.5 horsepower tecumseh (h35) and i was wondering if anyone could give me some detailed instructions on how to remove the gov..

thanks
wolfgang

kbs8ball

On my tecumseh I just removed the spring connected to the gov arm and replaced it with a small custom bent rod...works great...just dont let it rev real high for long periods of time and it wil be fine..

cool thanks guy.. do you think you two good give me some more advice on some other modds for my little engine like were to get a aftermarket card air filter o have heard stuff about high performance heads i am open to any thing thanks

Wolfgang..............the stock Tecumseh air filter will flow more air thn your engine can use......a new custom air filter will do nothing but use your hard earned $$

delray

wolfgang123,here is a picture how i hook up my throttle without the gov, the extra wire wrap around the throttle bracket for a tail light. nother to do with the bracket. i was thinking of using a small peice of vac-hose with a cut down the side of it and installing it over the cable to keep it from going wide open if i thought it was to much power for my stepson,but its only a 3hp
also note that the cable comes down and then takes a turn through a small tube. this way the cable is not hanging out

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/brian_c_53711/album/576460762376364333/photo/294928804440013743/12

:scooter:..............:thumbsup:

Last edited:

delray

ok:eek:ut:..........simple,cable runs through the tube and then hooks up to the carb and then hook up couple spring returns,two to be safe.
:scooter:.................:thumbsup: