Hs50 crankshaft options

I have a ‘74 hs50-67072a and I’m wondering what crankshaft options I have. It has a stubby shaft and I’m looking for part #s, info etc as to what might fit for my mini bike application. Thank You in advance for any help.

Last edited:
Well that’s a loaded question…do you want to keep the motor as is? Is the crank already drilled? What are you looking to do? Torque converter or clutch? Do you want a ball bearing shaft? Are you just looking for a 3” crank? More insignificant info like this needed….

All good questions Skipp. I just want to replace the crank with a stock one to use on a Rupp Continental. It’s a non ball bearing engine. I’ll be using a clutch so a 3” crank would be fine. Also yes I want to keep the engine as is. I’m new to working on the internals of small tecumseh engines and I’m sorry I was so vague. I appreciate the help. 5140AEC4-D177-4954-941F-219FC0227973.jpeg A497EF1D-3203-44E3-ABCD-BF6004FC70E1.jpeg

Based on your opinion I’ll order the new one Skipp. Thank You very much for your help and when I tear into it you just might hear from me again. Update: it’s ordered

Last edited:
Lol…I’ve never been confused with a smart guy…
Ha! There’s always a first time! I was able to cancel the order and I’ll await more input. There’s no rush on this project but I do want to make this engine right and with the help of you and others on this site I’m confident that I will be able to.

Forgot a question-- will the mini-bike have a jackshaft?
Jim I should have updated this post. I’ve already replaced the crankshaft with a new one that’s 2 1/4 inches long so it will work with a clutch. The engine is going to end up on my Rupp Continental after I do a hs40 build for my 400ts. Thank You though. 348F8831-4434-4EE8-B911-769824E9E11B.jpeg