i need some help

im pretty new here but i know a fair amount of things about minis i need some info on how to assemble a jackshaft or some pictures can help too i also need to know if anyone has old magazines or knows of a magazine made just for minis like ours thanks dudes u rock i also need a new seat for a Bonanza BC1000

Hent

Hey BikerBoy, welcome to the forum.

Jackshaft: You can take a look through some of the threads in the "Projects" forum to get an idea, or search in the photo album to see how other people have them setup.

You can find magazines on eBay.. but not cheap. There's a few mini bike websites that you can find enough info for free on.

About the seat, get in touch with Kenny (kbs8ball) and he'll get you hooked up.

Hi There-

I think the #1 go to guy for Bonanza's (info & parts) is a guy in California named Jarvis. I have his email and will be happy to introduce him to you. Drop me an email. Also, if you check the other mini-bike site, MiniDoodle, take a look at the Bonanza mini bikes pictured there...note the Bonanza collection of bikes; they belong to Jarvis. I think he would be a wealth of information for you or anyone who likes this really nice slice of American machinery. Best, RacerX

Shaft

How I did mine: 1" shaft (overkill) turned down to 5/8" on both ends to fit between the bearings. 1-3/8" OD x 5/8" ID sealed ball bearings with snap ring on OD.

Mounting plates are 1/4" steel (again, overkill).

Last edited:
Rob up in MI can help you with a seat. He makes absolutely fantastic Bonanza seats with correct material, nice padding and exact sizing. His seats are pursit style seats for owners wanting exactness. He is "minibikeseats" on this site. If you needs his phone # shoot me a PM

Last edited:
Which jack-shaft sprocket first.

Typical would be the larger sprocket driven by the torque-converter, then the smaller sprocket drives the rear wheel. This configuration will give you more low end pulling power. If you reverse that you would end up with more top end speed.