I need your advice and ideas please..

I put a 6" TAV on my CHI-Com Hawg Ty bike. Now, my left foot is being pushed off the foot peg due to the too wide plastic TAV cover. I need a wider foot peg or move the pegs farther up the frame to clear the bulge in the plastic cover. I do NOT want to change my riding position as it is very comfortable where my feet ride the pegs now.
When I ride I'm out for hours, a "Harley Chopper" wide,high leg position is not practical.
A 100 m/m or 4.5" wide peg may work well. I can weld if needed.
What are your ideas, or what have YOU done that has worked after this type of conversion?

I guess it depends, if you can extend only 1 peg that would be easier than relocating 2 pegs.
Just have to figure out what is most comfortable to you.
Not many people here seem to do the kind of riding that you do, so that is kind of a tough question to answer.

I put a 6" TAV on my CHI-Com Hawg Ty bike. Now, my left foot is being pushed off the foot peg due to the too wide plastic TAV cover. I need a wider foot peg or move the pegs farther up the frame to clear the bulge in the plastic cover. I do NOT want to change my riding position as it is very comfortable where my feet ride the pegs now.
When I ride I'm out for hours, a "Harley Chopper" wide,high leg position is not practical.
A 100 m/m or 4.5" wide peg may work well. I can weld if needed.
What are your ideas, or what have YOU done that has worked after this type of conversion?
When I modify foot pegs to accept clown shoes, we clamp a piece of steel to the existing peg and start moving it outward or longer about an inch at a time.
Standard round jaw vice grips work just fine, we mount them so as to not be a snag hazard. Then ride and move it, repeat till you get positive foot placement. Longer will be a new snag hazard for you to get warm and fuzzy with, even with spring loaded fold- up designs. This seems to work with clutch or tav bikes. With us, it’s the massive chain guards to work around, clowns with big funny pant cuffs need chain guards. You’ll figure it out.
Steve

^^^^ thank you. I wanted to suggest some type of adjustable test, but couldn’t figure out how to describe it.
You described it perfectly!
The only way to know for sure is to test it