I need your advice please!

Danny01

okay, so I can get a Briggs 5hp, and a 5hp Honda, for $60 on CList... I might have to rebuild them... should I take the chance and buy them or should I just keep my money?

As long as the both are a 3/4" shaft you should be good. Do you have pics of the engines. $60 for the both Dosent sound all that bad. With a little work you could possibly have 2 nice engines. Get pics

Danny01

I can't upload the pics but they're prewar ty good... I just don't know if I should make them new again or modify them, I'm gonna sell them both either way

bikebudy

Banned - Must pay $500
I would not mod them then, People like to build engines their way.

If Your just going to sell them, be sure they are working well and Sell.

If you are going to rebuild properly like a complete rebuild, new paint, etc. and then sell. I think it would be a waste of money. Like unless someone is willing to pay top dollar for that engine rebuild I would just get it running and sell as is. Why would you put all that time and money(probably more time than money) into an engine you are not going to keep? That is just my opinion though. But it would be a very good learning experience to rebuild an engine.

If you are going to rebuild properly like a complete rebuild, new paint, etc. and then sell. I think it would be a waste of money. Like unless someone is willing to pay top dollar for that engine rebuild I would just get it running and sell as is. Why would you put all that time and money(probably more time than money) into an engine you are not going to keep? That is just my opinion though. But it would be a very good learning experience to rebuild an engine.
I guess I'll just get it running and re paint it, then sell it