I really F'up. Maybe......

I made a boo boo. Unless you guys can help me. I have a HS40 with a bad flywheel. I got one from a guy here on OldMiniBikes. I didnt know what I bought though....The flywheel I just bought is for an "electronic ignition"??? Great. did I just throw money away? or can I convert this to EI? He sold me the coil, and other stuff. Great deal, but I just hope I can make it all work. The old broken flywheel I have has magnets on the inside, while the new one I just bought has them on the rim, or outside of the flywheel. HELP. Thanks

If there is mounting pegs on the block you would be Okay.

Im guessing that your ignition coil was underneath the flywheel originally?

sinner70, If you still have the magnets on your old flywheel you can JB weld them back onto your old flywheel. I have done this on my Tecumseh with the cast iron flywheel on a points style engine and it works. If you look on ebay you can find a flywheel made of aluminum that was used on them. The Tecumseh part numbers should be 32517 for the non lighting coil flywheel and 610769 for the lighting coil flywheel. The flywheels only fit the older Tecumseh hs40 and hs50 engines with points.