Identity Theft

1960s to 1970s Mini Bike - Performed a rebuild in mid 70's.
Looks like a BONANZA or TRAILHORSE from some pics I have seen on this site.
Have not seen many minis here with this unique braking configuration or chrome plated front fork. :helpsmilie:

Thanks for any leads!

Looks like a trail horse to me , but that brake system was probably just another option if you had a jackshaft. Mine didn't have a JS and used a scrub brake.Also I see the forks have boots on them is there shocks under those ?? Heres a pic of mine.

71dodge

its a trail horse. you can tell because in the photos there is a bracket welded to the frame un by the back of the seat. only trail horses came with that design of tail light bracket. bonanzas did not. there are a few diffrent models that are very similar check out the photos here and im sure you will find what model trail horse your bike is.

update! its either a GTO 1000 like the yellow bike in the AD OR a GTO 700 OR a GTO 1050. its one of the 3 for sure. there the only onnes theat had the shock boots on them and no rear swing arm so you have one of the 3 for sure what color was you bike originaly? that will tell it all

View attachment 17811

Last edited:
Yes they are functioning shocks.

I do not recall the original color, sorry to say.

Someone identified it as an early 60's Bonanza BC1000.

As far as I know it has all original parts, engine is Tecumseh 2.5 or 3.5 hp.

Last edited:

Dick DeBuse

If it did not have the gas tank mounted under the seat and a toggle kill switch mounted across the frame tubes in front of the seat, then it is an earlier LTD model, probably an LTD-830 with an optional two speed jackshaft and the band brake operating on the rear wheel drum.