I'm new here

Hi all, Just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I recently picked up a Lil' Indian mini. I think its about an 89, it has a 3 horse Briggs. Its a small two piece frame. I going to restore it with a few mods. I'm installing a 22mm Mikuni carb on a home made aluminum intake manifold, a spun aluminum fuel tank. New paint, tires, cables etc.
I'm old, just turned 71. I retired last December. My career has always had something to do with a spark plug. Cars, motorcycles, speed equipment, auto parts, machinist. I drag raced in the 70's, A F/D, BAD, A A/A etc. I'm currently helping a friend crew his SCCA formula Mazda, hence the need for a mini bike in the pits / paddock.
My first mini was a Hiawatha with a cast iron Briggs (it had a kick starter). A friend and I built an electric mini that had a ford starter motor. It had soap box derby wheels and an on off switch. It was exciting to ride. I built a mini that had a Vespa engine, 55 Sears allstate powertrain. the frame was made of 1/2 " electrical conduit. The frame weighed 3 lbs. It was really fast and difficult to ride. Later I scored and old Bug go kart, we installed a Honda 350 twin. I've got some photos of the vespa mini and Honda go kart. I'll dig them up and post at a later date.

Thanks for having me, Dave

olddog

Hi all, Just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I recently picked up a Lil' Indian mini. I think its about an 89, it has a 3 horse Briggs. Its a small two piece frame. I going to restore it with a few mods. I'm installing a 22mm Mikuni carb on a home made aluminum intake manifold, a spun aluminum fuel tank. New paint, tires, cables etc.
I'm old, just turned 71. I retired last December. My career has always had something to do with a spark plug. Cars, motorcycles, speed equipment, auto parts, machinist. I drag raced in the 70's, A F/D, BAD, A A/A etc. I'm currently helping a friend crew his SCCA formula Mazda, hence the need for a mini bike in the pits / paddock.
My first mini was a Hiawatha with a cast iron Briggs (it had a kick starter). A friend and I built an electric mini that had a ford starter motor. It had soap box derby wheels and an on off switch. It was exciting to ride. I built a mini that had a Vespa engine, 55 Sears allstate powertrain. the frame was made of 1/2 " electrical conduit. The frame weighed 3 lbs. It was really fast and difficult to ride. Later I scored and old Bug go kart, we installed a Honda 350 twin. I've got some photos of the vespa mini and Honda go kart. I'll dig them up and post at a later date.

Thanks for having me, Dave
Welcome....funny, I was just looking at this engine earlier today...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335845805&icep_item=353108247033