Im trying to identify my new bike

It is blue and has a rutman ugly sticker on the clutch guard it has a sn of 6054 With an R on the sticker and Derborn heights, MI on the bottom. What is this thing. I acquried it by trade for cutting down some trees.

All of the bikes in the brochure have Techumsah engines. Did Ruttman ever use B&S? One of my future projects is an old Ruttman rolling chassis. I'd like to put the correct engine in it, but I'm also more of a B&S fan. :confused:

i read somewhere that briggs and stratton stoped suplying engines to minibike makers because they didnt want to be assosiated with anyone getting hurt on one? i think it was in the lil indian minibike history, because they did use briggs and clintons then went to tecumseh's when they stopped getting the briggs. looks like a original engine?

i read somewhere that briggs and stratton stoped suplying engines to minibike makers because they didnt want to be assosiated with anyone getting hurt on one? i think it was in the lil indian minibike history, because they did use briggs and clintons then went to tecumseh's when they stopped getting the briggs. looks like a original engine?
Yeah, I saw that, too, in the Rec Leisure history.

HISTORY

My Lil' Indian might have the original B&S engine. It's date stamped 1966.

Identifying your engine

My Ruttman doesn't have an engine - it's just a rolling chassis.