Important shop accessory.

Bandaids. Ya bandaids. I used to get some from Respond that worked great. Cloth type, glue that stuck for days, and different styles. Knuckle, finger tip,ect. Been trying to find some that work. Bandaid brand work great, if you wrap electrical tape around it. Wally world has some off brand knuckle type, but even with elec tape wont stay on. Yes I just cut myself and fought with cheap bandaids and was pissy. You guys have any favorite brands or system that works? Ummm, just so you know, nails guns don't work well at closing wounds. Toilet paper and elec tape do.

On my service truck I carry a pretty good first aid kit in one of those metal boxes. About 12"x 16"x4" ones. But having trouble finding decent stuff to replace it. Smashed finger nails seem to happen now and then. I find a small needle or even a small nail slid under the nail till it hits the blood pocket relieves the pressure and often I won't lose the nail. Better than drilling or burning a hole in the nail as it doesn't get snagged on stuff. Trying to find a decent strong basic bandaid that stays on has been a chore. I did find for a rather nasty skill saw cut a condom rolled over the finger worked well but did tend to freak out a home owner if they saw you opening a packet on the job.

MJL

I patched up a 2 inch gash on a sheep's udder using superglue. Worked like a charm. She went on to nurse many more lambs.