Introduction

Greetings. Just joined; what a great site.

My son just got a DB30 for his 9th birthday. I was really worried at first about the lack of power and I could see he was trying hard to hide his disappointment. Then we (i) adjusted the brake so it wouldn't drag; (ii) loosened the chain a bit; and (iii) backed out the trottle stop screw, and now it is perfect. Still a bit slow on hills, but that is just fine for a 9 year old learning to ride his first mini-bike. I did order the jack-shaft kit for a future upgrade. Overall, for $200, I am pretty pleased.

Welcome to the site, I see you are from Virginia I am in Lexington. I haven't been a member long either but sure have learned alot from the site. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

I'm in Lynchburg. I think he'll like the DB30. However, it is not like the mini-bikes I had as a kid. Wish I'd kept them.

I'm going to give it a check this weekend, after he's run it about 20 hours, and see how it is holding up. If anything is really falling apart, I'll be sure to get in under the 90 day warranty.

I hope you enjoy yours!

Make sure to look around this site and check out all the DB posts for some good information on your bike. Just like anything else you are going to have to check it for a little while to make sure everything is tight and stays tight and you are going to want to do a little carb. tweeking as well. Make sure to check out the jackshaft kit from ProMod it will help with the torque issue. I have a Baja Warrior and I have had a blast with it until we got the snow last week and that put a damper on everything here. Take care