Is this 5hp or 8hp

Harquebus

You should do a build around this engine then, provided of course that it's got the right size shaft and stuff.

B&S 7 horse'rs are not known to me. Then again I'm no expert...

Yep it’s white. I sanded I a bit.
Now to find a frame for it.
Anyone in St.Louis or thereabouts have a frame to sell?

Last edited:
So I’ve determined it was built august 7th 1978.
it starts on the first pull and the guy says it’s been sitting for years. He was impressed and so was I. He got it years ago from an old neighbor who used it on a log splitter.
It needs a muffler.
I’d like to put a lighting charging coil on it and electric start. But I see no ring gear or a place to mount a starter. I can find a ring gear I guess but is there a way to mount a starter?
It almost seems a shame to mess with it but it was only 20 bucks and I’d line to make a street legal bike out of it.
You can see from my other posts I put a Subaru ex21 on a motorcycle frame but that took up too much space and my space is limited. I’d like to make something with taller wheels than an average mini bike. Maybe 12 - 16 inches if possible, with lights, turn signals, horn, ect. I’m not really familiar with the mini bike world. I was too young the first time around but I do remember my older cousins riding them and ads in my brother’s Boys Life magazines (by the time I was a scout in the early 80s, all the ads were for colecovision and very early personal computers and we don’t get the magazine now for my boys who are both scouts because they will look at me and ask “what’s a magazine?”) but I digress. It seems like a solid engine and a fine piece of machinery.
The kill switch consists of stepping on a piece of metal to short out the spark plug. That will have to change. But that’s for another thread. Thanks for your help, folks