Is this a heath kit???

Zach

I was wondering if this was a heath kit?? I was wondering if heath kit is infact a kit like it says in it's name or was an actual kind of manufactured bike.. I paid $100 dollars for it and had to take a short ride. It has huge tires! And what im guessing is a 5HP tecumseh with jackshaft. Has a very nice seat also. Any ideas?

That's a Boonie. stock rear tire ,the rear fender is placed in the wrong spot, Drum brake is missing, after market two speed clutch on the jack shaft, aftermarket seat, should have a Briggs.

Zach

GTO: Why do you say the seat is not original?? Is it because it doesnt have stitching running sidesways on the seat?? (That's what i was thinking). Also the fender is off because the guy ran a huge! straight exhaust pipe from a mini bike and a car I think, and it is to big to mount it in the correct direction. At least he kept it on there :smile: :wink: Also none of the boonies came standard with a brake on the jackshaft? Is the heathkit boonie really a kit? Was it assembled by someone after purchase or did it already come assembled?

kbs8ball

Im pretty sure the boonies were all kit bikes....thats what heathkit was all about...offering up products that you built yourself at home. Most of there kits were electronic devices and electrical test equipment.

GTO: Why do you say the seat is not original?? Is it because it doesnt have stitching running sidesways on the seat?? (That's what i was thinking). Also the fender is off because the guy ran a huge! straight exhaust pipe from a mini bike and a car I think, and it is to big to mount it in the correct direction. At least he kept it on there :smile: :wink: Also none of the boonies came standard with a brake on the jackshaft? Is the heathkit boonie really a kit? Was it assembled by someone after purchase or did it already come assembled?
The seat has Heithkit on the back, the brake is a drum on the back wheel.

Here, this will help. Heathkit boonie brake down pictures by jbh11600 - Photobucket

Looks like someone welded and extra strip under the seat.

Zach

yeah that would make since , since the bottom says steel works and it's a different size. Im guessing they did it to accomadate the bigger seat.