Is this a Hound Dog?

A friend offered to sell me this bike. Reminds me of a Hound Dog. Any idea what engine and clutch it came with?
Thanks

Last edited:
I think that is a Hound Dog 400 which came with sprung forks. This brochure looks to be an earlier/later version with a different "round tube" style frame.

Here are a couple others with the sprung forks like yours.

Last edited:

markus

Dick, enough about that hound doggy, whats up with what looks like a pair of American Moto-scoot's next to it!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Gee, I'm interested in everything I see in that picture.

Very cool looking mini bike. First I've seen like that.

I can't make out what the blue curved shaped pieces of steel go to, but since I've been thinking lately about making a side car, I immediately started thinking in that direction. I see some sort of motor with a kick start there and wonder if it's attached somehow to the blue curved steel ?

Anyway, if he's willing to sell that hound dog roller, and you are able, you should jump on it. Good find !

Gee, I'm interested in everything I see in that picture.

Very cool looking mini bike. First I've seen like that.

I can't make out what the blue curved shaped pieces of steel go to, but since I've been thinking lately about making a side car, I immediately started thinking in that direction. I see some sort of motor with a kick start there and wonder if it's attached somehow to the blue curved steel ?

Anyway, if he's willing to sell that hound dog roller, and you are able, you should jump on it. Good find !
They are from the American Moto-scoot Markus mentioned.