Is this Duck?

I'm trying to make a positive ID on my mini....can anyone help? I found a lot of conflicting info here and can't come up with a conclusion. HELP!!! The motor is a Tecumseh H35 I got off ebay.

Thanks!

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

<><

I'm a fan of the JC Penney Foremost minibikes so (to me) it looks like a JC Penney "Golden Pinto" made by BIRD that got re-painted sometime in it's past.

Nice complete minibike you've got. Here's a picture I found from someone on this site.

I use to own that. where are you located?
Wow, small world. I'm south of Albany.....Catskill. Greene Co. I bought it in Rotterdam though a few weeks ago from a guy named Chris.

And Putt Putt.....thanks for the post of the catalog too. That looks just like it! Yee Hah! :thumbsup:

<><

I'm a fan of the JC Penney Foremost minibikes so (to me) it looks like a JC Penney "Golden Pinto" made by BIRD that got re-painted sometime in it's past.
Hey Putt Putt, or any one out there, two more questions.....

What year do you think it is.....and.....what's the lever for on the left handlebar? Brake???? :shrug:

Thanks,
<><

My guesses are:

1- Sometime between 1967 to 1970 for the year. I remember minibikes always being in the "Spring & Summer" Catalogs during those years.

2- the lever cable looks like it goes down to the clutch/sprocket area for a "band brake" although it has a "foot scrub brake". Maybe that was an additional option?

Yeah, I'd like to get the band brake back on the bike. Do you have any pix of the clutch sidecover off the bike so I could look at how it was attached?

Thanks,
<><