Is this guy for real?

Here is the msg i sent him.
I won the 1977 world supercross on a bike just like that. Would love to have this in my collection. The 1 i got the championship title on was stolen from my collection in france 4 years ago.

Just as good as the price is the statement that he "just overhauled it with a new spark plug"... Apparently I have been overhauling engines the wrong way all my life.

If you read it carefully it reads like its a full blown fully adjustable race "motorcycle".

You can thank all this misinformation knowledge on the TV shows. My pet peeve is Floor verses Ground. On a recent auto related show they found the floor pan rusted out on a car and the yo yo guy working on it said that he found a hole in the ground. They constantly refer to things incorrectly and the public that knows nothing takes it as gospel. Sad...

cfh

i like how he jetted the motor, yet it has no carb. it's mystery invisible jetting apparently!

I'm pretty sure this guy is just playing a joke on one of his friends.

Come on guys, it's a facetious ad. The vintage kart guys were doing those on ebay as well for awhile, to mess with people who price and sell way too high- and mess with people lacking a sense of humor. :laugh:

I wonder what the big tire version of that would be worth on craigslist........I may have to think about selling my roper i could get several of those rare Rupps for that money.

olddog

Come on guys, it's a facetious ad. The vintage kart guys were doing those on ebay as well for awhile, to mess with people who price and sell way too high- and mess with people lacking a sense of humor. :laugh:
Indeed, I think this was very funny....the jet deal...the nylon rope....just great..

I missed the manual transmission...just funny..

All you guys are missing the boat here. If you look closely in the second pic, it has the high carbon stainless steel magnafluxed balanced and blue print ported CNC cut chrome plated muffler bearings.... Signed by none other then Malcolm Smith. Those are worth $8500 right there.

You've all just been schooled.