Jefferson WI - Midwest Classics show - Who's going?

45t

I'm headed there early Saturday morning. Just curious if anyone else is going?

35th ANNUAL FALL
JEFFERSON 2012
September 28 - 30

If i can squeeze out a few hundred this week, I might go. I haven't been to Jefferson in a few years, but in the past I picked up some real gems there, rupp black widow, arctic cat prowler and more. These big automotive swap meets are a great place to find minibikes and parts. Dress warm, its usually cold at Jefferson(spring and fall) especially in the early morning.

I'll let you know if i decde to go, if so we can exchange cell phone numbers and scout it from both ends.

45t

That Trailhorse looks interesting? Welding a new tab on shouldn't be a problem if you have a pic of an original, question is how hard is it to find the missing brake parts?

Not to sure what you mean by welding on a new tab?

The only thing missing from the brakes is the band, and the bracket. Hent has the brackets and the band:thumbsup:

45t

Not to sure what you mean by welding on a new tab?

The only thing missing from the brakes is the band, and the bracket. Hent has the brackets and the band:thumbsup:
I just reread your ad for the trailhorse and I read it wrong the first time. I mistook the grinding down of the bar to fit a smaller throttle as the tab for the brake mount being ground off. My mistake.

Any pics of the damage done to the bars?

Last edited:
I've made the trip out there a few times it's a blast every year I have gone it rains

it rains EVERY year:doah:

I just reread your ad for the trailhorse and I read it wrong the first time. I mistook the grinding down of the bar to fit a smaller throttle as the tab for the brake mount being ground off. My mistake.

Any pics of the damage done to the bars?
No sweat:thumbsup:
I'll try to get a few pics today.....

Weather forecast looks great! I am thinking about making a trip out there Sat. Won't have alot to spend but it would be great to meet up with a bunch of OldMiniBikes members. :thumbsup:

45t

Well it looks like I'll have my first guest with me at Jefferson this year. My 6yr old son is coming with. I've never taken my kids before because I've seen others there with younger kids and no one looks happy. I'll guess I'll see how it goes, hopefully he can handle the walking and getting up at 5am. :shrug:

Well business was kinda slow this week and it does not look like I'll make to Jefferson. Spring Jefferson for sure. Anyway, I've been literally dragging my son to swap meets in a wagon since he was 4 or 5, he's 13 now and looks forward to our annual father and son outing. Once they get past the brat stage they are usually ok.

There are persons selling cool old bicycles, video games and other stuff that most kids are interested in. They of course like the cars, motorcycles and minis too. I bought my son a minbike from a swap meet when he was 6 or 7 for $30 bucks. We brought it home got it running and he loved it till we we sold it this summer.

Bottom line its like martial arts, piano lessons, chess camp, little league , Peewee football, soccer and a whole list of other actvities. You expose them to it and let them see what they like. At least you expose them to it, a lot of kids dont get that chance.

See ya in the spring. If not before......... Midwest Winter meet???????