JI Edwins Two Speed

I have a JI Edwins Issaquia , Washington two speed aluminum gear box which I am assuming it is a Hi /Lo box . I know nothing about this box except it works in both sides when turned by hand and shifts up and down with the handle . This is mounted on one of my Caper Cycle minibikes and I was going to do some work on it soon and was wanting more information on this gear box as to how it works if you know anything about this box please tell me . Thanks

Yea , I looked a little several times and I never did find anything on the net about this and was hoping some old timer like myself knew something more about it than I did . I figured it came off a large trail bike like a Tote Gote . I was wondering about high speed use as I want to put it on my street legal Coleman 5.30 behind my 125cc Lifan w/4 spd for higher speed lower rpm's on the highway and low side for in town if it will work like that .I need a tach but the lifan sounds like it winds pretty tight at 55 and very tight at 63 mph . I dont drive it far just short trips to town .

If it is a model 225 the ratio's are 3:1 1:1 according to a parts page for tule troopers
That would certanly work. I guess that was the idea:doah: I bet the specs might brakedown the final drive and speed?
Wonder what it's worth? Is it for sale? Rember, new ones are only 59:laugh:

well not for sale if it will work for my Coleman . I have never seen one before and like to find out more about it , this one came on my Caper Cycle dont think it was a factory option on a Caper Cycle , lol I might put it on and try it out to see what it does tommorrow