Just got this bike and dont know what it is...

Jer

I just traded a junk compound bow for this and cant seem to figure out what kind it is. Its been a while since I messed with mini bikes so I will try to point out some of the key features I noticed. 1) Spring in front handle bars for suspension, 2) The rear fender connects to the engine mounting plate (first thought it was a "stellar" but...) 3) The built in foot rest mounting brackets. Never seen anything like this, 4). Band brake mount on left side 5) The front forks are different than I had ever seen. I use to have one that a long bolt went all the way through. Any help would be greatly appreciated in this. Thanks a ton,

JER

P.S. I been trying to add pics but cant seem to figure out how. Someone help please?

Jer

Ok. So I got an email from someone saying that it was a Western Flyer ss300. I found it online and it looks like that might be the winner. Now does anyone know where I can find parts for this bike????

If you had read the post before your last one, you would have known what it was :laugh:
I'd still say it was the one sold as a MTD, because there's no logo plate on the forks between the trees. The model # and/or serial # should be on the bracket that attaches the rear fender to the engine plate. Find an engine and seat and the rest of the small stuff, you should be able to find here. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/29231-OldMiniBikes-com.html

Jer

If you had read the post before your last one, you would have known what it was :laugh:
I'd still say it was the one sold as a MTD, because there's no logo plate on the forks between the trees. The model # and/or serial # should be on the bracket that attaches the rear fender to the engine plate. Find an engine and seat and the rest of the small stuff, you should be able to find here. http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/general-minibike-talk/29231-OldMiniBikes-com.html
Ok my fault. Didnt see that reply from you. Thanks a ton. I looked at pictures for the mtd trail flite and all the pictures I come up with look nothing like my bike. Either way, I will look at that web site for parts. Im just not sure how the back wheel set up is supposed to look. Does the sprocket and band brake go on the same side as the wheel? The only mini bike I ever owned had the metal that rupped against the tire to slow it down so I dont know how this one is supposed to look. If anyone could send me pictures of their back wheel set up, so I know how its supposed to look (for band brakes), I would greatly appreciate it. My email address is j.graul84@yahoo.com

Thanks a ton guys!

Just playing:thumbsup: All of the Trail Flight pics you find are of the 400 and 500s. The Western Flyer ss300 was just a MTD 300 with a logo plate For the WF logo. The band brake is on the opposite side. All it has is a little bracket to hold the brake and cable. wayne has at least one of these. Maybe he or Randy will post a close up. hint hint hint. I have one, but the wheels and bracket were missing when I got it. I had to buy a pink Sears bike to get the wheels.You may have seen this. It doesn't show a lot.

Last edited:

Jer

Thanks for the picture. I dont mean to be a bother but Im trying to figure out how the brake drum mounts to the wheel. Does it require a special wheel? The wheel I have on my bike has a hub only on one side for the procket. The other side does not have any place to mount a brake drum. It dont have the original rear wheel. I think this is what I need.... (Please click the link below.)

WANTED!!! Mini Bike Hubs

Last edited: