K&S Hardtail Deluxe Jackshaft Question

There is a bushing between the brake and the sprocket to the rear wheel that is loose and sliding back and forth. There is a collar with an Allen bolt next to it.
Am I correct in assuming this collar should be snug against the bushing and hold the bushing snug against the brake?
When I took out the Allen bolt there was a small fragment of metal beneath it in the keyway. The weird thing is the Allen bolt does not extend all the way down. It seems to get stuck toward the bottom of the hole in the collar. So even if there was a proper key in the keyway, the allen bolt would not extend low enough to engage it. Anyone have any advice here?

More info on the bike here:
https://oldminibikes.com/forum/inde...-getting-an-old-b-s-mini-bike-running.169749/

Jackshaft.jpg

If it were mine I would add two locking spacer rings on that shaft. One at the far left between the bearing and the brake drum and one between the blue spacer tubing and the drive sprocket. for no other reason than If the Allen set screws were to come loose, the parts will not slide out of place.