K&S mini bike

The Model 85 corresponds to one of the models shown in the brochure that is listed in earlier in this thread. I am no expert but 1963 sounds a little early to me, I think these bikes were produced from the mid-sixties until early seventies. I have 2 K&S Hornets. While restoring the first I found that there is not much in the way of original parts out there. I had to make most of mine. What parts are you lacking?

Have yours rechromed at a good chrome shop. Good chrome is expensive but worth it. I have the identical bars as yours complete with the center support. It cost me $75 to have them done but well worth it. For your road runner sticker you should remove the forks from the bike and scan the sticker on a flat-bed scanner. Once you have it digitally you can photoshop any blemishes in the sticker out. From there put the file on a thumb drive and go to Staples they can print it out with a vinyl waterproof cover. As far as the striping on the bike is concerned, it shoudl be the same as on my bike and I can help you duplicate that using automotive tape.

timmy

does anybody know of any tie between K&S line of mini bike and Texas Ranger brand of mini bikes?

the radius on the back end of the frame on the top tube is exactly the same

For you guys who are rebuilding K&S bikes I am working on something you may want. I have 2 K&S bikes I am rebuilding. One had the "Hornet" logo still intact on the front of the forks. I scanned it into the computer and fixed some blemishes with photoshop. I am in the process of having it printed onto a vinyl sticker. As far as I know all of the models had this logo on the front. If you are interested in a sticked for your bike I will send you one for free once I get them printed. I am also tryin to duplicate the silver and black striping tape that was also on all models.
wow you can do that its cool..I'm a new memeber i would like to but a sticker for my HORNET PROJECT..let me know

thanks

Hi there, my name is Jim and I live in Folsom California. I know this is a long shot but do you have any of the K&s Hornet stickers left?

Thanks,
Jim