Kikker 5150....Opinions???

Oldsalt

The attached picture shows a young friend of mine assembling his 5150 in the toy shop. It has now been running for some time and we have went on several extended bar tours. He had no trouble getting it licensened. We live in Washington. It runs out rather well and is faster than I expected. It will stay with my dog Royal Enfield 500 and has not exhibited any mechanical problems or bad habits.

My sugestion is to get the guy you are buying it from to license it in his name and then buy it after it has been blessed by the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

Here in mass you can get a "moped" sticker or register it as a motorcycle and get a plate. Mopeds cant ride on the highway so that's useless. The guy already has it reg and titled so it would just be a signature away. I like the pic you posted. that is the 200cc and a lot like the one I want. The guy is selling his, 110cc, so i'm not sure I want it, prob just wait the wait and order one new. Thanks for the input.

I went to the site, "built" the bike I want and was quoted 2300. It is the 200cc with ape hangers, flat black, whitewalls, red rims and up turned pipe (I will wrap it for sure) and speedo. 5-6 weeks waiting period and then I have to wait to get a cert of origin. Hope it will all be worth it. I also looked into the build. The bike comes in 4 big boxes and must be assembled. Im actuall looking forward to that. I'll keep you posted

I really like the Kikkers, the 200s are definitly cool little bikes and I thought about getting one. If I could have got one off the shelf with no waiting I might have done it. But then I decided to just get a small motorcycle and bob it myself. It's a '05 Honda Rebel. Cost me less than $2K including all the mods I did to it. The last pic is what it looked like when I bought it. I have more plans for it later but it's summer and time to ride.

Last edited:

Oldsalt

I went to the site, "built" the bike I want and was quoted 2300. It is the 200cc with ape hangers, flat black, whitewalls, red rims and up turned pipe (I will wrap it for sure) and speedo. 5-6 weeks waiting period and then I have to wait to get a cert of origin. Hope it will all be worth it. I also looked into the build. The bike comes in 4 big boxes and must be assembled. Im actuall looking forward to that. I'll keep you posted

To assemble the bike it will be heck of a lot easier if a special 'stand' is made to support the frame so the forks and wheels and engine and all that other stuff can be put on it. No, that isn't true: It will be next to impossible unless you can walk around the bike and work on both sides. Take a look at the attached picture in my earlier post on this thread. The 'stand' Bryan used was quickly made utilizing the metal 'crate' that the frame and etc. was shipped in. Little vertical 'stands' were welded on and hose clamps were used to attach to the lower frame rail. You can kinda see that in the picture. Honest, if you don't make a stand there is NO WAY to assemble the bike without it falling over eight or ten times.

Honest, if you don't make a stand there is NO WAY to assemble the bike without it falling over eight or ten times.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I see what you mean. Thanks for keeping me from getting a headache and yelling at the kids. I need $$$ to do this (like many of us) so i have to sell my RS camaro :no:. I have plans for a 12'X12' out building I'm going to use as a garage for it. think of a red building, with barn doors and a thing on top with the weather vane. Think little red school house with windows and a sign on it saying "Old School House". I will be starting it soon and post pics. Denis

I've worked on a few bikes by hanging them from the rafters with nylon straps.

Not as nice as a real 'Bike Building Stand' but it won't tip over.