Last minute Build off entry

I guess one can see why it takes so long to build or rebuild one of these little boogars, take your time, sticky paint leads to finger prints in the paint!
dave

Not really, it's the weather thats been screwing me, right after I got some finish coats on, it started raining again! :doah: I would have made it but lost about 5 days to the weather.

I can get back to it tues which gives me 5 days to blast and paint the scrub, paint on the Atlas logo, clear coat, sort out an engine, and paint it white. Still doable but I might not have time to make a stock looking chain gaurd. :doah:

Not going to make the deadline, it rained 7 days during my 15 day build off and really screwed with my sandblasting and paint, my paint is now too fresh to assemble, All I had to do is make a stock looking chain gaurd and assemble the bike. :doah:

Heres pics of the seat cover my wife sewed (her first one and she had ZERO spare time but fit me in) The engine is now painted, I spent a day on a recoil cover that ended up not fitting right :doah:,,, I didn't have a white tank so I painted a used black one Josh Haward gave me with Fusion and it just happened to match the ceramic engine paint. I screwed up on the emblem and demasked the wrong parts like a nagetive, IDIOT! That is now painted too.

Should have it done next week when I get some time off work.:doah:

Last edited:
I say we stall the voting until this bike is done...

Sort of a 'rain delay' during our little build-off game...

BTW...I dig the logo...very 'early 70's' looking...

Last edited:
I say we stall the voting until this bike is done...

Sort of a 'rain delay' during our little build-off game...

BTW...I dig the logo...very 'early 70's' looking...
Thanks guys,,,no,,,,you guys go on ahead without me, I'll be happy enough just to have it done and running. :thumbsup: