Late 60s Fox Campus Restoration

nightgrider

I've been kicking around doing more of a restoration on my late 60's Fox Campus mini bike. I originally passed on the idea, because nos or even used parts are almost nonexistent for the bike. And my bike is missing almost all its original parts beyond the wheels and the frame. From what other members have told me and from what I've read on this site, @ogygopsis does make some reproduction parts for these bikes (fenders, clutch guards, etc). But I'm at a loss where I could source the rear shock absorbers. Nothing I've come across in the aftermarket is close to the right length or style. I'm assuming I'll have to weld up some tubing to make a faux shock. Giving the bike a correct look, but not the functionality. Does any of the members know what is the correct length for the stock shocks? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:
I've been kicking around doing more of a restoration on my late 60's Fox Campus mini bike. I originally passed on the idea, because nos or even used parts are almost nonexistent for the bike. And my bike is missing almost all its original parts beyond the wheels and the frame. From what other members have told me and from what I've read on this site, @ogygopsis does make some reproduction parts for these bikes (fenders, clutch guards, etc). But I'm at a loss where I could source the rear shock absorbers. Nothing I've come across in the aftermarket is close to the right length or style. I'm assuming I'll have to weld up some tubing to make a faux shock. Giving the bike a correct look, but not the functionality. Does any of the members know what is the correct length for the stock shocks? Thanks in advance.
I have aftermarket shocks ,they are 7 3/4 centerline to centerline and work well

They were no name shocks.But I can tell u this they were not expensive ,I bought them on line from florida who know if that co is still there but there were others that sold them. They were for a pocket mc you know 49cc and I think they measured the length in mm.

nightgrider

They were no name shocks.But I can tell u this they were not expensive ,I bought them on line from florida who know if that co is still there but there were others that sold them. They were for a pocket mc you know 49cc and I think they measured the length in mm.
Thanks I'll have to see if I can track them down.