LCT engine. honda clone???

My understanding is LCT engines are not Honda knock-offs. LCT bought Tecumseh as they went bankrupt and they recently resurrected the Lauson Power products name. I'm not sure which engine you have, but if it is the 136cc commercial engine...it's a dual crank bearing engine and that ain't a clone. For a time, LCT used the basic Tecumseh ohv design, but today's motors look nothing like the Tecumseh ohvs.

SAM_1559.JPG
The LCT looks pretty clone-ish to me. At least a kissing cousin to a clone I bet. What is the spacing on your exhaust studs? Clone/Honda exhaust bolt pattern is 44mm (I believe.)

Sounds like a clone exhaust would bolt up to your engine at least. There has to be tons of clone head pictures around with a clear view of the exhaust port you can compare to your exhaust port.

I did some more digging on this engine. There are interchangeable clone parts for this engine, but it seems to be more of a Mitsubishi design. Manufacturer claims engineered in US. Ariens uses it exclusively on snow blowers. It's going to sound a little loud with the sausage muffler, but I run a straight pipe on my Tecumseh OHV and it's reasonable.

Will the clone air filter adapter to run a cone air filter work? Would it even add more power? Between this and the rtv muffler should the low end grunt be increased? Thanks for the help everyone!!

Will the clone air filter adapter to run a cone air filter work? Would it even add more power? Between this and the rtv muffler should the low end grunt be increased? Thanks for the help everyone!!
You've got to take the air cleaner off and post a photo. I'm pretty sure it will. Look at the Stage I clone kits that OldMiniBikes sells. I've not used one, so I can't tell you much. Generally, you re-jet the carb once you start changing exhaust and air filters because the increased intake and exhaust flow messes with the air/fuel mixture. The info on the Stage I kit should help you a bit.