Lighting Coil?

MarksA-C

I want a good H50-H70 engine for my trailmate with a lighting coil. I've been seeing that they re getting harder to find and all those other guys with the Rupps and what not want them big time. Like Paying out the A$$ for them.

I'm a cheap sunuva so if there a way to put the lighting coil on an existing non-lighting coiled engine?

I want lights on my bike but I don't want a big ol' idiot battery box on it. Just looks silly.

Mark-

MNGB

Ye it would be possible to change a non lighting coil engine to one with it. You would need a multi-magnet flywheel, and a magneto with the lighting coil, it would reguire removing the present magneto and installing the lighting coil equipped magneto this would also require the tools needed to time the engine. I have a magneto/alternator / flywheel for a 7 hp Tecumseh but not the dial indicator adapter needed to time the engine/mag. Although you maybe able to set the timing without the tool by removing the cyl. head and using a dial indicator set the piston/CS at the right spot.
GB in MN:scooter:

Ye it would be possible to change a non lighting coil engine to one with it. You would need a multi-magnet flywheel, and a magneto with the lighting coil, it would reguire removing the present magneto and installing the lighting coil equipped magneto this would also require the tools needed to time the engine. I have a magneto/alternator / flywheel for a 7 hp Tecumseh but not the dial indicator adapter needed to time the engine/mag. Although you maybe able to set the timing without the tool by removing the cyl. head and using a dial indicator set the piston/CS at the right spot.
GB in MN:scooter:
Ya want to make sure to get the basically right part too.. Theres a few different lighted setups for those engines.. About any of them will work but only one is RIGHT for the bike. None of that really matters but ya GOTTA make sure to get the right taper and diameter of the flywheel.. Theres a few different tapers and you can get the wrong one that won't fit your crank.. :doah: Also the Vertical shaft engines use a different flywheel too.. The hight does not line the magnets and stuff up right on a different crank.. Just make sure ya have 4-7 horse horizontal and the right crank taper and it should go..

MNGB

Restore Kid is right on and Tecumseh made so many different variations that its about impossible to keep them straight. Another thought is that a few Tecumseh snow blower engines had lighting coils they were generally 5 hp early models before the 110 V AC starters became popular. I let one of them slip thur my hands lat spring a friend asked me if I wanted his old snow blower well I procrastinated and he through it in the junk heap when we had town clean up days.:shrug::scooter:
GB in MN

Restore Kid is right on and Tecumseh made so many different variations that its about impossible to keep them straight. Another thought is that a few Tecumseh snow blower engines had lighting coils they were generally 5 hp early models before the 110 V AC starters became popular. I let one of them slip thur my hands lat spring a friend asked me if I wanted his old snow blower well I procrastinated and he through it in the junk heap when we had town clean up days.:shrug::scooter:
GB in MN
I LOVE CITY WIDE CLEANUP DAYS!!!!!! :lol: I've gotten mopeds, dirt bikes, boat motors.. All KINDS of sweet stuff.. Garbage days rocks :punk:

I have two different types of lighted setups for these engines that I'm not using.. One is the old tractor style with the fuse panel that goes on the engine.. The motor is all iron and sat uncovered for yesr outside it looks like.. :doah: I could maybe rip that system out and spin it up and see if she's making power.. I need to do SOMETHING with the thing some day anyways..

The other is the 5 hose snow blower single wire but I hate to sell that one really.. I would for the right price probably but am thinking of using it to light my Rupp Goat when it gets home.. :drol:

MAX3

I want a good H50-H70 engine for my trailmate with a lighting coil. I've been seeing that they re getting harder to find and all those other guys with the Rupps and what not want them big time. Like Paying out the A$$ for them.

I'm a cheap sunuva so if there a way to put the lighting coil on an existing non-lighting coiled engine?

I want lights on my bike but I don't want a big ol' idiot battery box on it. Just looks silly.

Mark-

I have 6HP Tecumseh engine with horizontal shaft coming with starter. The coil should have generater part to charge the battery.

Is this engine worth to re-build? - MyTractorForum.com - The Friendliest Tractor Forum and Best Place for Tractor Information

The rod broken and I no longer need it. IF this coil works for you, please PM me.