Lil Indian outlaw chopper

novadose74

Picked this up before the holidays, had to put an aftermarket jackshaft with modifications made to fit. Had to cut part of the tube to shorten it, then had to elongate the mount holes sideways so jackshaft could be offset to meet rear tire. Still looking for an original. Didn’t have the motor or disk brake caliper. Put a HS50 on it, got a repop clutch guard. Looking for the clutch guard mount. IMG_5477.jpeg IMG_5478.jpeg IMG_5479.jpeg IMG_5480.jpeg IMG_5481.jpeg IMG_0312.jpeg

Thepaetsguy

I never knew/noticed there was a peace sign on the sissy bar? I just looked at eBay for one to make a copy.

Someone needs to ask Ray or get in contact with the machrina brothers and ask about that. I’d be REAL interested if they have a original or one from a takeoff bike.

Also noted is the seat and bar differences between @novadose74 brochure picture and this black and white photo. His bike appears to have the taller seat from the bike in the black/white photo. But his bars and mine are much less bent inward.

I cannot tell but are the bars in the black/white photo all chrome entirely? Makes me think they are talking about a lighted already built chrome deluxe bike you just buy.

Then also a gastric green bike that is an assemble it yourself kit as noted in the brochure.

Bit of a rabbit hole zoom in on my picture and that is a bar with two holes and no spot brake? So some of them came with clutch band brakes?

13612B34-8120-4486-98E6-4FF38CCEA9D6.jpeg 44D56992-20CD-4808-B1ED-F0B0670669B6.jpeg

Last edited:

novadose74

My handle bars are pretty much straight. I’m sure I could drill out the mount holes on each bar to a different angle to have them angle back a bit
cool black/white pic!
I was thinking of a Maltese cross pendant more than a peace sign, i think the Maltese cross better fits a bike called “outlaw” , and there are the crosses on both bikes, lol

Thepaetsguy

My handle bars are pretty much straight. I’m sure I could drill out the mount holes on each bar to a different angle to have them angle back a bit
cool black/white pic!
I was thinking of a Maltese cross pendant more than a peace sign, i think the Maltese cross better fits a bike called “outlaw” , and there are the crosses on both bikes, lol
I wouldn’t mess with the handlebar placement or any of it. Just ride and enjoy! They are awesome bikes.

Thepaetsguy

Hey @novadose74 ...that's looking killer.

Once you have it rideable, tell us how it rides. (I ask, because I've never ridden a chopper before.)
I’ve put miles on mine. I do not have a seatback so the sissy bar digs into my back. Can’t say If novadose will run into that or not.

He needs to be carful if he goes to reposition himself on his chopper while moving the bike can/will swing wildly all over the road. You can hop out in the road and go to town on it cruse around mash alleyways and head back home just like a normal minibike. Oddly they turn very well. And after a bit of practice even hold a bumpy backstreet just fine.

10/10-Cool factor
6/10-drivability
If I added a seatback/brakes 8/10-drivability

Novadose just go into your first ride knowing that shifting yourself on the bike can be tricky and get a rear view.

MY hands can’t control the bars when I look backwards to see if a cars behind me. So I end up swaying all over the street.

novadose74

Thanks for the advice! lol, my fist mini was an ARCOEZ rider II chopper. I know how how the steering geometry is for a chopper, lots of leaning! and had some near crashes looking backwards. lol, but I’m still here so all good.
the seat back on the outlaw goes pretty far up my back, I’m 5’6 so not so tall, so I’m actually very comfortable on it IMG_0137.jpeg