LiL Indian

Looking for some pictures of a LiL Indian 5000 I think . I had one back in the late 60's early 70's . It was blue , had a 5hp Briggs on it with a jack shaft . Also had fold down handlebars , chrome fenders & chrome chain guard . Please email to : djd56@hughes.net
Thank's , Don

Not to hijack the thread, but while we're on the subject, I'd like to see a close-up photo of a Lil' Indian disc brake bracket with the caliper removed. Someone chopped the brackets off my bike and added their own brackets for a home made scrub brake. I wanna get rid of that and go back to a caliper. It's the biggest obstacle to the resto. You can get a new caliper that's very similar to the original, but they come in 2 different bolt patterns. I'd like to get it as close to original as possible. It would be helpful if someone could post a photo, and also note the bracket specs, including the overall dimensions, the distance between the bolt holes and of the distance between the caliper bracket and the axle mounting plate and the cable stay. If it's too much trouble to get a photo, could someone at least please tell me the measurements? Thanks! Here's a photo of a complete assembly that I found in the gallery.

Here is a link to a thread in the project logs of a Lil Indian 5000 that I'm rebuilding. Don't have any pics of the brake bracket but I'll try to make one and post it over the holidays along with the measurments. I need to find some pucks for it and have tried a current disc brake assembly and it didn't match the holes in the bracket and the original pucks are different also. If your bike has the fold down handlebars, I'm thinking those were the 5500 model? The 5000 like mine didn't have folding bars.

http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/project-logs/5893-lil-indian-5000-a.html

Thanks!!!

Lil Indian 5000 disc brake

OK I made some pics of the brake assembly from the 1968 Lil Indian 5000.

Here it is mounted to the swingarm. The brake assembly is mounted to a plate that is bolted to the swingarm.

Here with the brake removed. The holes that the bolts go through on the mounting plate measure 7/16" diameter and are spaced on a 1" center. The distance from the mounting bolts to the center of the rear axel is going to be approximate because of the chain length. Here most all of the chain adjustment has been taken up by the cam adjusters.

I need a set of these pucks. They measure 1/1/8" (1.125")

The distance from the mounting bolts to the center of the puck is about 1 1/2". (1.50").

Cant find any name or numbers on the brake unit. The mounting bushings are about 1/32" smaller than the mounting holes allowing the brake assembly to "float" in the mounting bracket. Hope this helps. Thanks!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but while we're on the subject, I'd like to see a close-up photo of a Lil' Indian disc brake bracket with the caliper removed. Someone chopped the brackets off my bike and added their own brackets for a home made scrub brake. I wanna get rid of that and go back to a caliper. It's the biggest obstacle to the resto. You can get a new caliper that's very similar to the original, but they come in 2 different bolt patterns. I'd like to get it as close to original as possible. It would be helpful if someone could post a photo, and also note the bracket specs, including the overall dimensions, the distance between the bolt holes and of the distance between the caliper bracket and the axle mounting plate and the cable stay. If it's too much trouble to get a photo, could someone at least please tell me the measurements? Thanks! Here's a photo of a complete assembly that I found in the gallery.

Gosh, that looks worn out!