Looking for a Frame Builder

Hi Guys, I would like to add to my minibike collection, right now I have a doodlebug DB30 but growing up in the 60's I had dreams of owning a Mini Chopper. Back then any size would have been ok but now I think the only chopper I would be able to ride would have to be either a custom frame or maybe a Trail Horse chopper.
Since I doubt there are many Trail Horse frames floating around I was wondering if there are any guys building frames? I just learned to weld this year and have a Mig Welder but I don't trust my skills on something that important yet.

Alex in Canada

Sounds cool The Trail Horse Choppers is a nice looking comfortable ride and I have heard the Sensation Choppers are larger than most of the others and Bonanza Choppers are tiny :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I just learned to weld this year and have a Mig Welder but I don't trust my skills on something that important yet.

Alex in Canada
Alex, welcome to the place. As a novice welder myself, I bought my first MIG a little over a year ago. Since then, I have got to the point where I trust my welds, as ugly as some of them might be.

Knowing what's out there, and what it costs, I'd like to recommend doing one up yourself. Well before you're done, you will trust your welds, get pretty good at fabricating things, and get exactly what you want in the end. It probably won't cost you any more.

At any rate, here is a company that sells some very cool kits. Welcome to the Home of the Original California Pocket Bike TM

Hey Alex welcome to OldMiniBikes
I have built a few frames , it is very rewarding to have a one-off custom that is totaly unique
Where are you located I'm in Nova Scotia

The Powerdyne Rail Choppers are pretty big.. Biggest I've seen.. They ride pretty good too.. They are just totally setup better all around than the Bonanzas..

They are a weird one for a motor.. getting a motor in one and chained up can be a pain, but with an aftermarket jack shaft setup, they are about as great as you can get I'd say..

I think The Powerdyne Rail is going to be the way for me to go, either that or a custom build that can fit my proportions, not that I am weirdly proportioned mind you! Thanks for all the help guys, it's appreciated and gives me something to think about.
Alex