looking for extended cam and cover b&s 5hp

Im trying to convert a standard briggs 5hp L head motor to have the extended cam sticking out of the side. Model number it came on was 13292-1420? thanks for all replys!!

I have a 4 horse with reverse cam extension. It is the exact same setup as the 5 horse but they have a shorter crank shaft is all. The cam may be setup to wind a little higher but typically they are all the same lift and duration throughout any of these motors.. I REALLY hate to tear apart a 4 horse but the bore is rough anyways. If you can't find another let me know. Man I'd want probably 35 bucks for shipping and everything.. Might be more than you were looking to pay but it's an option...

The 3,4,5 all share the same general lower block dimensions if i remember correctly? So i could put the 4hp cam/cover on a 5hp block and be good to go? If thats the case i'll take it let me know how you want payment and we'll go from there!! thanks!!

Uhhhh sorta.... The 2 - 3.5 and SOME of the NEWER 4 horse flatheads are the same block.... Typically 2 - 3.5 and 4 - 5 the OLDER 4 horse and the 5 horse flat heads are the same block.. But yes, this one is the exact same part.. It's funny you'd say something about it.. I just brought it in and double checked the cam. It's the same as a 5 horse.. One thing I wanted to ask was #1 what is your code number, and #2 it is a standard bushing crank, yes?

funny you ask..i dont have a motor yet..i figured id work backwards, find the difficult parts(cam, cover) then add the correct motor to the cam and cover..lol my preference was always the motors from the 60's-70's the block aluminum and castings/ machine work always seemed better than the 1980's junk.

funny you ask..i dont have a motor yet..i figured id work backwards, find the difficult parts(cam, cover) then add the correct motor to the cam and cover..lol my preference was always the motors from the 60's-70's the block aluminum and castings/ machine work always seemed better than the 1980's junk.
something like that... The Briggs engines are still pretty strong into the 80-90's.. Even the newer bearing crank stuff is pretty strong.. They have cheapened them up trying to stay in business :sadcrying4: because it's easier to scrap old 59 Cadillacs and mail it to china and melt it down and make new motor then mail them BACK and shovel them off from a ship into the Horrible Freight store..... I like the older 80's on down engines myself too.. If thats what you are getting, older 60's to early 90's bushing crank 4 or 5 horse this is the cam and backing plate you need. :thumbsup: the bullet proof one.. It's actually a 77 now that I look at the cover. We were born the same year.. :lol: I don't care.. I'll build the guts into a different block and make a Frankenracer out of it like I do.. Maybe buy me a big cam and fab my own bearing backing plate and try to blow it up. :doah: