Looks like a Rupp but I’m not sure?

Picked this up this morning and didn’t really look at it until I got home, it looks like a Rupp but it has some points that are different like the rear shock mounts, engine mounting plate and the wheels. Any help identifying it would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Triley41395

Looks like a late 60s digger or Scrambler frame is what it started life as. I'm not sure what you mean by the shock mounts and engine plate are different they look correct to me. The wheels might be from a different bike or at least they are not turbines like we're used to seeing. The rear swing arm and mount looks to be cut up and re-welded.

Thank you for your help, when I compare it to a similar Rupp frame is when I noticed the different engine mounting plate I guess. The other 2 Rupp I have all have that 2 piece engine mounting plate like the bare frame has. Yes the swingarm area of that frame is chopped up a bit and tomorrow when I blast it I’ll be able to better see just what was modified, thank you again for your help.

Attachments

Thank you for your help, when I compare it to a similar Rupp frame is when I noticed the different engine mounting plate I guess. The other 2 Rupp I have all have that 2 piece engine mounting plate like the bare frame has. Yes the swingarm area of that frame is chopped up a bit and tomorrow when I blast it I’ll be able to better see just what was modified, thank you again for your help.
A Rupp goat maybe?

Attachments

ruppking

The frame is from a 1968 Rupp TT-500, XL-500 or XL-350. 1969 has the 2 piece engine plate. Most likely changed the wheels and added the skid brake when the disc brakes needed repair. The 1968 handlebars had a 5/16" u-bolt welded to the bar and often broke. 1969 went to the 3/8" u-bolts. Hard to tell from pictures, but the triple tree would have had ears welded on for the headlight. Common for people to remove them, or they could have come from a 1969 Goat or Ram.