Low compression -> Need Reed Valve ?

Still suffering from no top end power even after the carb rebuild (making gaskets was a challenge). picked up a compression tester and registered some dismal numbers (less than 100). Next step the reed valve unless someone else has a better idea. If you know where I can find one please let me know. Thanks and have a great summer !

If you're losing compression, you most likely need rings. Maybe even a bore job and oversized piston. You really couldn't lose copression throgh the reed valves. The piston is well above the ports when compression occurs. The pressure would have to blow by the rings to get down to the intake port in the cylinder then back out through the reed valves. Then it would still be a clearance issue with the rings/piston/cylinder.

65ShelbyClone

Still suffering from no top end power even after the carb rebuild (making gaskets was a challenge). picked up a compression tester and registered some dismal numbers (less than 100). Next step the reed valve unless someone else has a better idea.
Are you talking about a 2-cycle engine or what?

yeah 4 strokes dont have reeds shelby and i would deff check out ur rings bc if ur reeds were shit u would no it lol or maybe u have a leak some where run a leak down test on her if not just pull the head and cylinder and check the rings then check the reeds to check the reeds make sure the film like stuff opens and close nicely by blowing into the back of them.