Machine work for 1" crank to 3/4"

You will need a keyway cut too ...

I'm in Michigan ... You pay shipping both ways ... $25 to turn it and cut the key .. send the part of the clutch that fits the turned shaft.

You will need a keyway cut too ...

I'm in Michigan ... You pay shipping both ways ... $25 to turn it and cut the key .. send the part of the clutch that fits the turned shaft.
I will do that but the 3d clutch isn't here and they are backlogged. Let me get it in and I will be in contact shortly. I need to do this prior to balancing the assembly also to be safe.

Sending a pm now. My buddy bought a lathe and was aching to do it so I let him. But I still need the keyway cut. That same price is still ok with me also. Fyi.

$25 is a hell of a deal, I wouldn't do it that cheap and I keep the "local" machine shop ticked at me stealing small business.

trinik7597

That's about a 1/4 of what it would cost around here ... Personally I would have kept the 1" on a big block and ran a turbo bully ... The 3d is still unproven for high HP drag application and failed in its previous life as a downs bro. Manual clutch

Joe-405 I got your PM and I would cut the key for free, you still need to pay shipping tho ... but ....

I see your in Oklahoma and have 405 in your name so I assumed your are in the OK OK area and took the liberty of Goggling machine shops.

I called Crowl Machine Inc Home | Crowl Machine Inc - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma and talked to a nice lady Pauletta Crowl. She said tho they don't normally do small jobs like that she said to have you bring it on by but it would cost more than a dollar, I laughed and said I was guessing $20 and she was OK with that.

So if you are close enough contact Pauletta and save some money on shipping and time.
If she is further away than you like them maybe there is a machine shop closer.

If nothing else I will be more than happy to do the job.

Kevin

Ummm I'm speechless. You need anything at all let me know. I called a bunch of machine shops but not that one obviously. I will call her.

So before having them cut this keyway I got a question.

I just got the crank back and its now at 3/4" but with a dial caliper on it for the keyway it looks like its gonna go in the threads of the bolt !

They make 3/16 x 1/4 key stock is this the solution usually ? And that puts a 1/8 out and a 1/16 in the crank itself.

IMG_20161004_195050377.jpg

Nevermind my dial calipers are messed up. When I set the key stock next to it it was ok.

Last edited: