Machine work

I need to have an HS40 crankshaft cut down from 1” to 3/4” with the proper key slot of course. I’m in no hurry and the engine has not been disassembled as yet. If a member would like to take this on at their leisure please PM me. Again I’m in no hurry but I’d like to begin the process of modifying this snowblower engine for use on my cat 400ts. Thank You in advance.

It used to be kinda easy to find and hire a local machine shop to do these kind of things, but now you walk into a machine shop and all you see is CNC machines and button pushers. Maybe an old lathe and a Bridgeport machine in the corner, but the old timers that ran them are long gone.
that being said, I have a nice LH 195 (same as a HS 50) I’ll sell you for $250 plus shipping. It’s had its shaft cut from 7\8 to 3/4 inch, it’s brand new never been run. Mini bike ready!! 7BAB80C0-56B3-4EDA-8E23-E6678A9809CE.jpeg BB1A9C16-333B-4A99-9133-AC7AA1B86A0D.jpeg 09C64422-4402-4BD1-A89B-E46E01D2F918.jpeg

Thanks Phil, that’s a beauty and at a reasonable price too. I posted another request in another section and forgot to update this one. I’m sticking with my build because an hs40 is what belongs on my mini. I have a very low hour h40 on it now that will be shelved for future use. I appreciate the offer and Thank you, Bill

delray

Ginz61, I have done a few in the past for hs-50's. I now see someone else does them on Facebook, but not sure how well his work is? i just don't have time to doing now. I see your looking for a hs-40 crank. Tecumseh did make some newer cranks with the large crank ends that a guy could machine down to 3/4 bushing crank or bearing crank. they came on snow blowers. need to start buying them... lol. dime a dozen in my state. here is one of my crank projects in the past to give a better idea what goes into making them out of a newer crank. thumb1.PNG
HSSK50 small block mods | OldMiniBikes.com

this one making a points crank.
MAKING HS50 33837 CRANKSHAFT | OldMiniBikes.com

Ginz61, I have done a few in the past for hs-50's. I now see someone else does them on Facebook, but not sure how well his work is? i just don't have time to doing now. I see your looking for a hs-40 crank. Tecumseh did make some newer cranks with the large crank ends that a guy could machine down to 3/4 bushing crank or bearing crank. they came on snow blowers. need to start buying them... lol. dime a dozen in my state. here is one of my crank projects in the past to give a better idea what goes into making them out of a newer crank. View attachment 299590
HSSK50 small block mods | OldMiniBikes.com

this one making a points crank.
MAKING HS50 33837 CRANKSHAFT | OldMiniBikes.com
Thank you Delray. I found a member that is willing to do this for me. If for some reason my crank is no good I’ll explore other options. I reposted my request in another section here and didn’t update this one. Sorry for that.