Mad Dawg

MadKaw

well after some horse trading in selling a couple of things I found myself without anything to ride. after looking online for a while I came to decide whether it was going to be a warrior or a mad dog...the warriors were everywhere on craigslist and I found several that were almost new. I really like the look of a mad dog with the rear suspension, but couldn't bring myself to put $800 on the card through the mail. especially never have even sat on one. then it just so happens I found one locally in Fort Worth that was new and ready for me to buy it. after talking to the guy for a little while I come to a deal for 600 cash.:hammer:

the look is similar to the warrior but I noticed right away that it sits higher in the seat, which I kind of like because I'm over 6 foot. the rear shocks are a little bouncy but they are adjustable and have 4 settings.

so I got home and took it apart and found that there were quite a few nuts and bolts that were not up to torque...that's putting it mildly...lol. so I ordered the torque converter, air filter, header and the rest and now I'm just patiently waiting or impatiently waiting on the delivery guy.:grind:

MadKaw

Been through a complete nut and bolt check...really glad I did that. A lot of loose fasteners. The headlight was smashed, do I got a cool little led unit off eBay that should work fine. Really liking the frame in this. It is a single down tube unlike the warrior, but it's a bigger diameter tubing. And the powder coating on it is pretty good quality. I adjusted the rear shocks, which are claimed to be fluid damper, to the next to heaviest setting. I'm a big boy :thumbsup:

Come on delivery guy, I got work to do :grind::grind:

MadKaw

The lighting coils went in, but the flywheel I got(pvl) would work with the coils...bummer. oh well, on with the build up. Still going to run a headlight, a LED unit with a small battery. Won't use much power, I'll just run a toggle switch to it. On with it!:grind:

got the header in today from HotRodminibikes.com for the Baja warrior.while these frames are very close the monster dog is a little bigger in the rear. the header seem to hit the frame right about where the shock mount is. I'm going to take the header over to the muffler shop and see if I can get the bend changed a little bit to clear. it should work its very close and just a little bit of extra room will make it work.
the factory chain was too short, so I cut a few links of another that I had...and with another master link I was done. the state requires that I had to run the chain adjusters almost all the way out. then I found that the brake cable was in a bind due to the distance I had run the rear wheel out. so if you are doing this, go ahead and undo the rear brake cable from its holders ahead of time

Got her almost finished today. Still a couple of finishing touches, but taking it out to the trails tomorrow to shake it out. Real gas tank on, converter/chain fished, reserve tank mounted...I'll paint it later.