made a bet and i need help lol

i made a bet with my friend that my db30 could go faster then his stock klx110 witch goes around 50mph. i have 2 months to make it faster then his klx is it possable? if it is how can i do it. if i cant its only a $20 bet so it wont be bad lol

You could do it but it would cost you a lot more than $20
So just pay him and save your money
i know. i had one as a kid i put a blue clone on it and the first day i had it i fell a cracked my head and my mom made me get rid of it. i want to make it go faster then his klx then give it to my little brother so i want it to be safe to. after i get done with it im gonna make it so it only goes like 20 untill he gets older. im trying to sell my speakers for $575 if i get that will that be enuff?

Last edited:
a klx110 can be made to stomp all over any clone real easy.

Install the 4 sp shift drum a 143cc big bore kit and now it will walk all over your db.

Buy a lifan 125cc motor for 200 bucks throw it on your doodlebug and call it a day. You will win the bet and have a ridiculously fast mini. Win-win. :thumbsup: You could probably get a clone going faster than 50mph with the right gearing but you would sacrifice acceleration. Do you need to beat him in a race or just clock a higher top speed? There's a big difference.

Buy a lifan 125cc motor for 200 bucks throw it on your doodlebug and call it a day. You will win the bet and have a ridiculously fast mini. Win-win. :thumbsup: You could probably get a clone going faster than 50mph with the right gearing but you would sacrifice acceleration. Do you need to beat him in a race or just clock a higher top speed? There's a big difference.
i was thinking about the 125 but i dont know how to make the mounts and i haft to win a race but we ride around the streets

It can be done for $300 or less if you know how but if the contest is more than a block or so he's gonna get ya on the big end anyway I believe. A foolish bet IMO since the DB would not be suited for a kid to ride once finished and up to the task.I'd give over the $20 and move on.:thumbsup:

No it wont. Others have done that and because of the gearing its not really that fast.

It can be done for $300 or less if you know how but if the contest is more than a block or so he's gonna get ya on the big end anyway I believe. A foolish bet IMO since the DB would not be suited for a kid to ride once finished and up to the task.I'd give over the $20 and move on.:thumbsup:
i thought it was gonna be easy. i can get 300 pretty quick. if i did give it to my little brother i was gonna make it so it diddent go as fast. hes 15 i had my old one when i was 14. i was ginna make it so it only goes like 30 when i give it to him