Manco Thunderbird

Hey all, Was wondering your opinions. I have the opportunity to buy a stock manco thunderbird for $500. It has a 3.5hp engine. Nothing wrong with it . Is $500 a good price for it or is that to much?

pomfish

Depends where you live if that is the going rate. You don't list what part of the USA you live in (if stateside) so that kind of hampers the variables.
Have owned five of these bikes and never paid more than 175 but most needed something and that was years ago before people got greedy and the market got smaller supply so it is all relative.

To me in todays market in the North East would put "good deal if running and not cut or welded and with decent seat at 300-350"
That is my comfort zone your's may vary.

HTH
Keith

mustangfrank

I didn’t ask for a value I asked if it was a good price
I don't completely agree with the rule but dancing around the term "value" doesn't change it. Obviously you questioned the price or you wouldn't be seeking advice on the value.

Without seeing any pictures, I agree with what pomfish said above...2 minutes after typing my original message I saw a Manco Tbird listed near me for 350 with the original paperwork, complete, original paint, Tecumseh engine (but not original).