Manco ?

Hello fellas, its been a while since I last posted here. I never did find a vintage minibike in my area. Anyways, I'm thinking about bidding on this bike. eBay Motors: MINIBIKE (item 220323457809 end time Dec-10-08 06:27:15 PST)
I'm pretty sure its a Manco Thunderbird, so correct me if I'm wrong. So now for the questions.
How is the build quality on Manco bikes?
Are parts easy to find?
Are they reliable?
Any other info on these bikes would be helpful.
Thanks

That's a Manco "thunderbird", newer ones where purple and came with the newer subaru engine instead of the older 3.5 tecumseh. Don't know why the guy changed the engine (burned it out?)

I wouldn't go more than $150 but that's me. (already owned one before)

mac350

that is defenetly a Manco. were in ny are you. i am in yonkers and it is hard to find parts but if you do your homework and bs with the guys on this board you can get anything you want. this board is the biggest help on anything you would need.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies guys. I live in Bellport NY, which is only about 30 minutes from this guy. Well, I'm going to hope he has a low reserve price, but with my luck it will b e 300 bucks for it.

I see lots of cool vintage bikes in NY, don't get so fixed on this one and find a nice classic for $200 or less. :thumbsup: