MB200-2 is awesome...

MattG

Hello everyone, first post!

Received my MB200-2 from gokartmasters.com last week and have been really enjoying it. For those on the fence, give it a shot! Ordered on a Monday had it on Friday. My father-in-law just ordered the blue one this past Monday (Columbus Day) and UPS is delivering it tomorrow. Great service so far from gokartmasters. My bike arrived in perfect condition and runs great. Seems like a solid bike for the price with the CVT and full suspension. It rides extremely smooth and is very comfortable.

This is my first mini bike. My friend had a Honda Ruckus that I've driven before, but other than that I'm pretty much a rookie. I'm more into fast cars (own a 2013 GT500 w/ 730whp, and have had many others) but these mini bikes are just too fun, especially on the trails and dirt roads.

I went for a little ride today on some paved back roads and was very surprised to hit 50 mph GPS going down a hill that wasn't very steep at all. Easily can hit 40 mph on the flats and I weigh ~210lbs. These have a 38t rear sprocket and can really move. MB200-2 websites claim a top speed of ~24 mph, but I'm not sure where they came up with that number. You'll blow by that figure in seconds on this bike. I'm thinking of hooking up a tiny tach just to make sure my RPM's are right and the governor is working correctly.

Right now mine is bone stock except I added a set of mirrors today. I also ordered the OldMiniBikes intake/header/plug/jet setup and should have that this Saturday. I don't see any need to mess with removing the governor at this time.

First I checked out the Coleman's. Then I was also looking at the Monster Moto 212. Ultimately I decided I really wanted the rear suspension, plus the MB was $100 cheaper with a coupon code. I would prefer the disc brakes but the rear drum on the MB isn't that bad at all, at least so far. I might add the front drum brake wheel at a later date but for my general use its probably not needed. Either way I am glad went with this bike, as the rear suspension alone is worth it IMO.

Anyway, here are some pics. First thing I did was lose all the stickers. Also shown is my son's MM 80cc.

2017-10-06 14.39.48.jpg

2017-10-07 11.25.27.jpg

2017-10-07 11.27.49.jpg

Thanks for having me, and I'm looking forward to soaking in the knowledge!

-MG

Looks really cool. I am seriously considering one of these. Go Kart Masters has them on website for $799. Do they have a current coupon for these?
Thanks

Hey..yeah..i put my left over 50t ct200u sprocket on my mb200-2 today..i had to make bushings because the Coleman's sprocket has same bolt pattern but bigger mounting holes in it ,guess i could've drilled the hub out and use bigger bolts..:shrug:....if riding trails looks like a 60 or 72t rear sprocket would be better there..it's still a cruiser runs 40ish stock with better pickup so I'm happy coz i don't ride trails..this bike is super comfortable to ride..also the plastics do scratch..no big deal..i like it as it is..bought paint off ebay says it sticks to almost anything..should be ok..enjoy yours. IMG_20171012_194440.jpg

Last edited:

MattG

Looks really cool. I am seriously considering one of these. Go Kart Masters has them on website for $799. Do they have a current coupon for these?
Thanks
Yes, the coupon code is SAVE50.

Good luck and have fun. It’s a nice bike for sure and they ship fast.

MattG

Hey..yeah..i put my left over 50t ct200u sprocket on my mb200-2 today..i had to make bushings because the Coleman's sprocket has same bolt pattern but bigger mounting holes in it ,guess i could've drilled the hub out and use bigger bolts..:shrug:....if riding trails looks like a 60 or 72t rear sprocket would be better there..it's still a cruiser runs 40ish stock with better pickup so I'm happy coz i don't ride trails..this bike is super comfortable to ride..also the plastics do scratch..no big deal..i like it as it is..bought paint off ebay says it sticks to almost anything..should be ok..enjoy yours. View attachment 100604
Do you have another other mods to help low end punch? And does your 50t sprocket fit with the chain guard or did you have to remove it?

Do you have another other mods to help low end punch? And does your 50t sprocket fit with the chain guard or did you have to remove it?
I'm leaving my engine stock i want not to be noticed...for now.:laugh: for low end punch the usual..pod filter kit,hotdog muffler or header .. maybe rejet carb..oh you can make a bracket for the chain guard...raise a little..cut a little ..i don't use chain guards..

Last edited:

MattG

I'm leaving my engine stock i want not to be noticed...for now.:laugh: for low end punch the usual..pod filter kit,hotdog muffler or header .. maybe rejet carb..oh you can make a bracket for the chain guard...raise a little..cut a little ..i don't use chain guards..
Gotcha...Yeah I'm gonna see how this header pipe and intake kit help before I switch the sprocket. I think I might just leave it alone since its not very hilly around here and so far I haven't had any issues in stock form. But I'm definitely not planning to mod the engine a bunch. I know how that can easily get out of hand and I'm not going to be racing this thing.

My bike is black so I am thinking about taking the plastics off and doing like a tough/textured bed coat lining on them for extra durability. Might be kinda cool. My father in laws is blue, so cant wait to check it out tomorrow. It looks nice in the vids I've seen online.

My bike is black so I am thinking about taking the plastics off and doing like a tough/textured bed coat lining on them for extra durability. Might be kinda cool. My father in laws is blue, so cant wait to check it out tomorrow. It looks nice in the vids I've seen online.[/QUOTE]
.............don't use bedliner stuff..trust me I've used it in several ways..it's thick and chips off making a mess....buying new plastics are only like $12 if they crack....I'm just going to touch em up every now and then coz i like the look of the bike..you can get other paints in different colors that works on plastics..just use someting automotive not krylon..alot of cars got plastics on em so they are getting better at that type of paint now

Last edited:

MattG

I bought the OldMiniBikes Warehouse no-springs performance kit and it arrived yesterday. I installed everything in the morning with only minor trouble.

https://www.OldMiniBikes.com/gx200-clone-go-kart-kit-air-filter-jets-and-more-rlv-no-springs.html

Originally I was looking at the weenie pipe but I wasn't sure if it would fit correctly under the bike and still allow me to keep the side fairings once the RLV muffler was screwed on. In the end I decided to go with the box stock style because I knew it would fit.

2017-10-13 11.17.24.jpg

One thing was the weld on the header flange is too large to accommodate the stock flange nuts that came with the bike. On one side the stock nut will fit. On the other side I couldn't tighten it down without the nut contacting the weld and therefore preventing a tight seal against the gasket. You will need to use a smaller diameter nut on one side of the flange, so be prepared for that if you get this header. Fortunately I was able to reuse a nut from the metal crate that the bike was shipped in.

2017-10-14 09.46.08.jpg

After removing the stock air box, the new intake adapter fits like a glove. Then I removed the carb bowl and dropped out the stock main jet and emulsion tube. I replaced it with the emulsion tube included in the kit and went with the .036 main jet. I also swapped out the stock spark plug in favor of the Autolite AR3910X racing plug. The angled neck on the air filter allowed me to position it in such a way I could keep the side metal fairings that come with the stock bike. It just barely fits, but it clears it!

2017-10-14 09.46.58.jpg

2017-10-14 09.47.10.jpg

Took it for a spin afterward and it feels much more responsive and torquey throughout the RPM band. Definitely a nice upgrade over stock and sounds much better too. Later that same day my father-in-law's bike was delivered via UPS freight so I went over and helped him assemble it. After assembly, I got to ride it first and immediately noticed the difference between his stock bike versus mine which I had just modified and tested about an hour earlier. It was nice to get to feel the difference between stock and modified MB200-2's back to back.

2017-10-13 17.48.23.jpg

His bike is nice as well. I did notice the blue color on the plastics does not match the blue paint on the side metal fairings. Its almost more of a purple/blue color but it still looks good. Bike was delivered with no damage and started on the second pull. Only thing missing was a nut that goes to the rear shock mounting point. We found one that fit from his garage, so all is good. He rode around for a bit and his very first statement was it had more power than he was expecting. For reference he is 6'2 260 lbs, and he also said he was very comfortable on the bike.

We will see how these MB200-2's hold up as we put them through the paces. I'll pull no punches and keep you posted!

MattG

By Coleman, do you mean the larger CT200u-EX? If so, how did that feel compared to the MB200-2? I know the MB is ~6 longer, but does it feel any different than the Coleman?
I saw the Coleman EX in a store but i didn't sit on it. I know there are a couple youtube channels that commented how the EX model had a much better seating position than the standard CT200 and was more comfortable. Still a rough ride on the rear with no suspension. One guy added a spring seat. Anyway for the price now at $599 I just couldn't justify it. For only $150 more you can get a slightly larger, faster, better built bike with CVT and rear suspension. So it was quickly crossed off my list. It is lighter though. I don't think the Coleman looks as good as the MM212 or the MB200-2. But for someone who wants to add a few mods later on it could be a good deal with a Tractor Supply coupon.

MattG

Went for a long ride yesterday out on some south Alabama dirt roads. I just moved out here from Houston about 2 years ago so I'm still doing a bit of exploring. Ride went well. Weather was cooler out and it was a perfect day. I can confirm that my top speed on flat blacktop is 45 mph GPS. Once I turned off onto the dirt/gravel roads I slowed down to enjoy the scenery and just cruised.

The suspension worked well and the seat isn't too bad for a stocker. I could spare to lose a couple more PSI in the tires if I wanted an even softer ride but I think ~10 psi is pretty good so far. Also I'm not sure exactly how good these Chinese tires are. I don't have anything else to compare them too but I don't think they are a great design for what I need but not sure. I do think they are adequate so far, but I'll have to look into my options in the 19x7-8 size and see whats out there for my type of riding. Any recommendations are welcomed (for riding on grass, packed dirt, gravel).

I noticed at about 10-25% throttle I had some hesitation/surging that would smooth out with more throttle. After doing some research I think it is the low speed jet, so I ordered the .022 and .024 from ARC. Before I ordered it, I switched out my .036 main jet to the .037 and made a few runs. It exhibited the same issues if I try to cruise just off idle but the top end felt a hair stronger. If a larger size low speed jet is the fix, it makes me wonder why most of these intake/exhaust performance kits aren't including them alongside the upgraded main jets. I guess it could be an air leak on the intake side but I doubt it. I plan to spray it and see if I get any RPM bumps.

I'll keep you posted once I find out!

Last edited:
It looks like the rear brace that goes vertically to the seat is slanted toward the rear of the bike? Does that open up more room for the Hemi predator or larger Honda blocks?

Went for a long ride yesterday out on some south Alabama dirt roads. I just moved out here from Houston about 2 years ago so I'm still doing a bit of exploring. Ride went well. Weather was cooler out and it was a perfect day. I can confirm that my top speed on flat blacktop is 45 mph GPS. Once I turned off onto the dirt/gravel roads I slowed down to enjoy the scenery and just cruised.

The suspension worked well and the seat isn't too bad for a stocker. I could spare to lose a couple more PSI in the tires if I wanted an even softer ride but I think ~10 psi is pretty good so far. Also I'm not sure exactly how good these Chinese tires are. I don't have anything else to compare them too but I don't think they are a great design for what I need but not sure. I do think they are adequate so far, but I'll have to look into my options in the 19x7-8 size and see whats out there for my type of riding. Any recommendations are welcomed (for riding on grass, packed dirt, gravel).

I noticed at about 10-25% throttle I had some hesitation/surging that would smooth out with more throttle. After doing some research I think it is the low speed jet, so I ordered the .022 and .024 from ARC. Before I ordered it, I switched out my .036 main jet to the .037 and made a few runs. It exhibited the same issues if I try to cruise just off idle but the top end felt a hair stronger. If a larger size low speed jet is the fix, it makes me wonder why most of these intake/exhaust performance kits aren't including them alongside the upgraded main jets. I guess it could be an air leak on the intake side but I doubt it. I plan to spray it and see if I get any RPM bumps.

I'll keep you posted once I find out!
I am experiencing the same thing on an older wr65 baja warrior it is stock with a tav30. If I am in some winding tight trail running a lower speed. I can come to a complete stop and the bike idles fine it picks up fine to if I hit the throttle. When I get to a more open trail and can use more throttle it runs fine. Just does this when running at a lower speed. Mine seems to do this more if I am topped off with fuel. Real curious to see what results you get with a larger low speed jet.