Mikuni Float Adjustment

Anyone know what the proper adjustment on the float arm is for a 22mm Mikuni VM?

It is one of the ones from AGK. I downloaded the free mikuni tuning manual from their website but the part about float arm adjustment is confusing, i cant figure out which model is referring to mine. Look at the attachment and maybe you can explain to me what the numbers and dash after the 'VM' mean. I highlighted what im talking about in red.
thanks in advance
Brian. S

125ccCrazy

Anyone know what the proper adjustment on the float arm is for a 22mm Mikuni VM?

It is one of the ones from AGK. I downloaded the free mikuni tuning manual from their website but the part about float arm adjustment is confusing, i cant figure out which model is referring to mine. Look at the attachment and maybe you can explain to me what the numbers and dash after the 'VM' mean. I highlighted what im talking about in red.
thanks in advance
Brian. S
the number after vm will be the size of the carb's venturi (i.e vm26=26mm)

I'm assuming that you have what is commonly referred to as the taper bore carb which means it starts out at 26mm at the gasket side and tapers down to 22mm at the venturi..

if you notice on your float there is a small tab that touches the fuel shut off needle, that is what gets bent ever so slightly to raise or lower the float level..

Independent float means there are 2 floats that are not connected to each other unlike the twin float design that have two floats conjoined via an arm between them...

I adjust my floats so they are level with the gasket surface of the float bowl..

post results please that's one of the things I could never get right and mine leaked all the time then the adapter crushed the inlet and I smashed it:thumbsup: I think its because it was a knock off mikuni:surrender:

the number after vm will be the size of the carb's venturi (i.e vm26=26mm)

I'm assuming that you have what is commonly referred to as the taper bore carb which means it starts out at 26mm at the gasket side and tapers down to 22mm at the venturi..
Thats exactly what I have thanks for clearing that up for me!

I adjust my floats so they are level with the gasket surface of the float bowl..
This is what i assumed and was going trying to do but i guess its pretty touchy. Ill just keep toying with it till I get it right.

Thanks for the help guys much appreciated,
Brian. S