!MINI BIKE BUILD OFF ENTRY! BOONIE "50's HOT ROD STYLE"

Well, it looks like the parts i for my creamsicle bonanza may never get here, so i have a new build off entry.

im going to build this boonie bike to represent a 50's style hot rod.

ive got it broken down, and i started sand blasting the frame.

and here ive got a bit more blasting done, and started the paint. ive also tossed on the new seat (thanks kenny)

Sounds cool.

I posted about white wall stuff here quite awhile ago, should be able to find the thread with a search. :thumbsup:

Still could have used the shifter and brake lever. :thefinger:

What kind of tires are those and where can I get some for my boonie?
they're the og goodyear tires that came on the bike. ive got no clue if they're still available.

that is a cool vid, and yes, i am going to do white walls. ive already got the paint, straight from iceland.

hey gto, sorry bout the shifter, but i may have a kickstand for ya.

Last edited:
update

well i found some time over the past couple days to get a little work done on the bike. i did the wheels in a high gloss red and finished up the whitewalls. after they cure for a few more days, i'll clean them up real good and post a pic of the front and rear together.

Cool! I love white walls and have been meaning to get can or two of the stuff. What did it take, 3 coats? Did it use up much of the can for two tires?

And for Gawd sakes where were you when I was trying to fit a Tav 2 to a doodle bug? :doah:

thanks for the props.
the white wall paint covers really well. it took 2 coats. the second coat was just to hit a few thin spots. i painted in a cold room so it wouldnt set to quick.

I understand the look you're going for but I'm having a hard time adjusting to flat black, WW, and red rims on a Boonie. :doah:

If I'm not happy with the factory jack shaft, I'll prbably go custom with it as well. (TAV 2 and so on)