Mini Bike Progress

Ok, got a little side tracked today with other projects, but spent a few hours designing the mini bike frame. Here are pics of a 2 dimensinal mockup. The other half is off to the side, I will start assembling it this week if I get time. I am trying to build jigs along the way so I can easily pump more out if anybody wants one. This thing is going to be sturdy. Its all 1" tubing with a
.095" wall thickness. All the brackets are 1/8" steel.

Hey Qucifer

Keep it going. Looks good. I like delrays idea with the forward bent bars. Ive always liked that look. Heres my Trail Horse its bars are bent forward alittle and out. This minibike is real stable, and rides real smooth.

Josh

After I get everything tacked together and mocked up, I will decide what to do with the handle bars. I might cut some slightly wider trees for the front forks, I left some leway in mine, but all the production bikes I see look like they have at least 6 inches between the forks if not more.
Oh, and thats a nice looking mini bike, how hard do they pull with a tav 2 on them. I build an offroad go kart a while back, had a briggs and stratton animal on it with a tav 2, and that thing would fly. It pulled so hard on takeoff that it would lift the front tires off the ground just enough to make steering the thing impossible.

delray

hey Qucifer,if you are building the bike for you(adult) or older teenage? somebody that weighs over 140+ you might want to go to a larger tire? this will give you a better ride and handle little better. something like the tire size josh has. that would have a 13-14inch tire height. here are some tire sizes you can look for,530x450x6,13x500x6,or this tire 145x70x6 this tire may be to big,but it will make that hard tail minibike ride the nices. the other two will ride nice too.:thumbsup: there is a foam product called minicell closed cell foam that is water proof and mold free. i think it is something like motorcycle or snowmobile foam?(little different?)very firm so you won't bottom out on your but when you hit a hard spot. i would like to try it. it looks better then the older foam that was use in minibikes
:scooter: ........................:thumbsup:

I dont plan on using these tires for the final product, they are low speed cheapies from harbor freight, i am just using them for the mock up since they have a 5/8" bearing. As far as the seat foam is concerned, I definitely want a nice seat for it, I will look into the foam you are talking about. The engine bay is a little tall, but thats so my knees arent at my chin when I ride it.

Hey Qucifer

My Trail Horse has a Tecumseh Motorsports H50. With the torque converter Its pulls hard. I just blew out my 2 speed i had on it, so i put on the torque converter again.

Hey Delray

You hit the nail right on the head! 530x450-6 tires. I liked these allot better this year at windber. Last year it had the standard 41-x350-6 tires. But these made i big difference in the trails.

Josh