Mini Bike steering

Hello everyone! I’ve been lurking here for a few months and need help on the steering tube.
I recently got the garage of my dreams built and I decided to build my own mini bike. My question is what do I use for the tube that the fork attaches to that has the bearings in it? Is there a kit you buy with all the parts in it? I would appreciate y’all help.

I’m curious about this too.
I know a place like online metals sells all kinds of tubing with different properties and wall thicknesses.
I have to replace the head tube on my MTD, it has a wrinkle in it and it looks like a banana.

Just a start.
Tubing is measured by OD.
Pipe is measured by ID and can be nominal, like dimensional lumber and boards.
DOM tubing is measured by the OD, the wall thickness determines the ID. So if your fork tube flanged bearings are 1 3/8”x 5/8”x 1/2”, I would search for DOM tubing with a bit more than 1.375” ID and a wall thickness of 0.060” minimum, 0.070-0.120, even better to reduce the belling of the tubing mouths.
OldMiniBikes Warehouse has bike kits.
How you proceed might depend on your tubing bender die inventory and your welding equipment and skills.
Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply SAT. Here’s what I’m working with. My tubing is 1” .083 ( not dom) I have a JD2 model 3 bender with a 1” 3” CLR die. Welder is a Miller 130xp. I’m no pro welder but I do all right. I’m going to look up those bearings shortly.

Thanks for the reply SAT. Here’s what I’m working with. My tubing is 1” .083 ( not dom) I have a JD2 model 3 bender with a 1” 3” CLR die. Welder is a Miller 130xp. I’m no pro welder but I do all right. I’m going to look up those bearings shortly.
Go get ‘em.