mini trail rebirth

Hey Guys, I'm currently woking on a '71 honda minitrail I bought off of this forum. I was a bit of a roach when I got it 6 weeks ago.I have been busy repairing and replacing parts on the bike. I'm building it for my girlfriend. She is 5'2" and weighs 135. should bogey down the trails with her on it. I was looking for a quick turn around so I bought a china 88cc motor for it. It runs very well. It's not quite done, but thought I would post some pics so far.

Last edited:
re-birth

Hey, thanks. I have only been doing these bikes a short while and have a stupid question... I noticed the front brake drum is on the right side on your z50. Some are on the right, some on the left. mine is currently on the left side, as it was when I bought the bike. should I switch it around, or does it matter? thanks, Bob

looks like the forks are switched around. The drum should be on the right but if it works on the left and you dont mind it leave it alone. Post some more pics

looks like the forks are switched around. The drum should be on the right but if it works on the left and you dont mind it leave it alone. Post some more pics
I went ahead and changed the forks. Got the front cable today and got brakes.I'm making carbon fibre fenders for it next! been a lot of fun since I'm layed off, I need something positive to do.
I wish I had my camera when I got this thing. It was a roach!

It looks pretty good so far! You are making carbon fiber fenders? WoW cant wait to see those! If you wanna sell the stock fenders i would buy them, just let me know.

It looks pretty good so far! You are making carbon fiber fenders? WoW cant wait to see those! If you wanna sell the stock fenders i would buy them, just let me know.
Stock fenders are hammered... I bought front and rear off ebay that are straight but painted. That's actually fine, I'm using them for plugs to make molds. I bought carbon/with blue kevlar. They should look nasty! stay tuned. Where are you located Jerry? I have a friend that puts on an annual no spoke mini bike race with honda 50's and 70's near Watsonville, Monterey bay CA
Fun stuff, I have a '70 ct70 I'm doing when this one is done. Bob

guys, I was able to find a pic of this thing when I bought it for 250. after a few hours and a few ebay buys you can see where it started and where it ended up. I'm pretty proud of this little bike!

125ccCrazy

Looks good.... I remember when I was a kid a friend was into the 50's, he had 3 or 4 of them... they trailed better than our minibikes but weren't quite as fast....

Your Z50 is looking good. I like them in Blue, The hard tails are neat bikes. I have a clone Z50 someday I'm going to pick up a original hard tail and drop a four speed engine into it.