Minico Trail Jet

Hello everyone. My searches have led me to this site. My first engine powered 2 wheeler was a Minico Trail Jet (Blue with the Tecumseh). I saved my paper route money and borrowed 25 dollars from my Dad (Of course had to pay him back) and bought it for $75.00 Now after many years of motorcycling and raising a family Im 56 and would like find one of them. I know they were not so common like the little Honda's and such but I have seen a few around the Web. Does anyone have one or know of someone who does that would like to pass it on to a guy that still treasures riding that bike for hours on end as a 13 yr old!
Let me know what you may have. It doesn't have to be perfect but needs to at least be restoreable without building one from scratch. Thanks alot.
Randy

Thanks for the response. Its close. Mine had chrome tank with collapsible handle bars. I remember the bars cuz they had to fold down to fit in our tow behind pop up camper.

I tried to add a link to a pic I found on Internet but I can't seem to load it properly.

Was the tank changed on yours?

I'm not sure if the tank was ever changed. The seat has though. The one in your pic is the original style. Mine is a replacement. Also, the handlebars on mine also fold. What's missing is the large plastic knobs to turn the bolts.
Joe

Last edited: